Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
TomMMD
TomMMD is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Ereader
Sharing Kindle Books on an iPad

My wife and I each read Kindle books almost exclusively on our iPads and iPhones.

In general, we have different tastes in books but occasionally we want to share a book.

Here is what we have:

He: Amazon acct A, iPad, iPhone.

She: Anazon acct B, iPad, iPhone, older Kindle.

Until recently, I could get books by signing out of Amazon A, signing into Amazon B, get the book onto my iPad, then sign out of Amzon B and Back into Amazon A.

Doing this, I could not sync but could read her books on my iPad.

The iPad app no longer lets you do that. When you unregister, it deletes all books on your iPad.

Currently, I am borrowing her Kindle and that's fine but it's one more thing to carry and can't read in the dark.

Any thoughts on another work-around?
TomMMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
trophywife007
trophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with others

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g & Kindle Dx (US)
Thanks for asking this question; I'm having this same issue. If there were some way to back up my Kindle for iPad content, then deregister, register to the other account, download and back up again, repeat, that would be wonderful.

As it is, I now have some content from Mr. 007's account on my K for iPad app, but it's registered to my Amazon account. I can't unregister from my account without losing the content from his account.
trophywife007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The only way I know is to break the DRM protection. That's how my husband and I share books across various platforms and different reading apps.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
trophywife007
trophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with otherstrophywife007 plays well with others

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g & Kindle Dx (US)
I'd love to know how to break DRM but everything I've seen on it centers around PCs, and I have a Mac. It seems there are lots of free programs for PC, not Mac.
trophywife007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Have you checked if the book you want to share is lendable?
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophywife007 View Post
I'd love to know how to break DRM but everything I've seen on it centers around PCs, and I have a Mac. It seems there are lots of free programs for PC, not Mac.
Google Apprentice Alf, the tools work fine on a Mac, as does the useful library management program calibre.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have the same problem, the book is lendable but can't share it
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Can't you register all devices to one account so what is available to one can be read on all?
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
how does it work?
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote