Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
leehach
leehach began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Mirror a Library

Are there any tricks or pitfalls to keeping my calibre library mirrored on my laptop and my desktop? I would want to know that I could add material in either location and keep it updated via rsync (actually Unison GTK). Main problem I can see is that, while syncing two-way changes to the content (i.e. actual ebook files) won't be a problem, changes to the database in both locations could not be propagated two ways. So I would have to restrict myself to making changes in one computer at a time.

Thoughts?
leehach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think you've identified the main problem. If you always sync directly before and after making edits and only edit on one computer at a time, you should be fine, though.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library, mirroring, sync