Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #61
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@user_none - thanks for taking a look into this again. I tried to just make the changes you suggested, but I don't have a linux box to test it on myself.

@kovid - the problem with open_local_file is that it seems to take just a single filepath as the argument. Whereas I need to launch an app supplying additional arguments. Hence the plugin currently uses subprocess.Popen()
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah right, then you should duplicate the LD_LIBRARY_PATH logic in open_url()
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #63
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The latest version is working in my Ubuntu 11.04 VM. Can someone who's having a problem on Linux try it with calibre-debug -g and post the console output if it shows anything interesting?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #64
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The latest version is working in my Ubuntu 11.04 VM. Can someone who's having a problem on Linux try it with calibre-debug -g and post the console output if it shows anything interesting?
Here you go
I hit Alt-E a few times, no joy

Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.16
Linux-2.6.38-11-generic-i686-with-debian-squeeze-sid
Linux
('Linux', '2.6.38-11-generic', '#48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 19:05:14 UTC 2011')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('debian', 'squeeze/sid', '')
Starting up...
Started up in 16.5851202011
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #65
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Here you go
I hit Alt-E a few times, no joy

Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.16
Linux-2.6.38-11-generic-i686-with-debian-squeeze-sid
Linux
('Linux', '2.6.38-11-generic', '#48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 19:05:14 UTC 2011')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('debian', 'squeeze/sid', '')
Starting up...
Started up in 16.5851202011
Nothing there. Can you try selecting the Sigil menu item directly and see if that give some type of output? If it was failing it should be showing an error message.
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nothing there. Can you try selecting the Sigil menu item directly and see if that give some type of output? If it was failing it should be showing an error message.
Directly? from the command prompt?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #67
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Directly? from the command prompt?
I mean use the drop down arrow next to "Open With" in the tool bar. Then select the Sigil entry. This will ensure the Sigil item is run. I'm hoping there is something with your setup that Sigil isn't the default action or a shortcut conflict with the new shortcut code added recently.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I mean use the drop down arrow next to "Open With" in the tool bar. Then select the Sigil entry. This will ensure the Sigil item is run. I'm hoping there is something with your setup that Sigil isn't the default action or a shortcut conflict with the new shortcut code added recently.

That way works.

BTW when I set the 'Custom' keystroke for Open With : for Sigil entry, the entry appears like a pause button instead of saying Alt-E
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #69
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Quote:
Lol yeah I can confirm that in Fedora 15 it works also by adding the open with to the toolbar and selecting sigil that way.

Just when right clicking and selecting 'open with/sigil' doesn't work
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #70
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse2045 View Post
Lol yeah I can confirm that in Fedora 15 it works also by adding the open with to the toolbar and selecting sigil that way.

Whether you click from the toolbar or right click and select open with in the context menu the same code is used to open Sigil. User_none was pointing out that using a shortcut might not be working yet as there may be a conflict between the new calibre shortcut customization and the customizable shortcuts in the plugin itself.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #71
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse2045 View Post

How strange I tested this yesterday and it wasn't working at all, now after a reboot and when I added it to the toolbar (it was only enabled in the context menu previously) it is working both by right clicking and from the toolbar.

I don't know if it was just the reboot but it's working... I even deleted my calibre config and all plugins and retried just adding it in the context menu only to see if that was it - but it worked straight away?!?

Anyways it seems to be fixed now - so thanks very much guys for your assistance with this

Cheers
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 AM   #72
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right - so everyone is working ok now, apart from possibly the keyboard shortcuts? (which incidentally work fine for me on Windows 7 at least). The shortcuts will hopefully be sorted for the next release once I figure out exactly how I am going to work with the new API around those.

Also kpw kindly informed me that the path to Sigil (default path for first time users of this plugin) was cased incorrectly with Sigil.sh instead of sigil.sh so that wil be changed for the next release.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #73
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Right - so everyone is working ok now, apart from possibly the keyboard shortcuts? (which incidentally work fine for me on Windows 7 at least). The shortcuts will hopefully be sorted for the next release once I figure out exactly how I am going to work with the new API around those.

Also kpw kindly informed me that the path to Sigil (default path for first time users of this plugin) was cased incorrectly with Sigil.sh instead of sigil.sh so that wil be changed for the next release.
Keystrokes (short cuts) work on XP (Haven't booted the W7 laptop in weeks)
Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #74
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Bug!! ,,, and suggestions

Kiwidude,
Everything last version, I have tried to save settings and got this:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.17
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:export_menus() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

TypeError: export_menus() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

I suspect it has to do with the new (don't how much, haven't added anything for ages) "Search the Internet"-like layout.

Now, the suggestions (see the "compare ePub thread" in Ideas for plugins:

Open_with with two paths for 7-zip/WinMerge, paths being:
- 2 compatible formats for selected book (i.e., PG zip html download/manybooks ePub: which should I convert from...?)
- 2 selected books (i.e., from Find Duplicates)
- selected book and clipboard (ticklish, needs some utility to capture whole Windows path to clipboard).

What about it?
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #75
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@carmenchu - thx for the bug report, I will make sure it is fixed for the next version. I suspect it has been broken for a long time. Both the Import and Export menu options will throw that error.

As for your suggestion, I'm afraid I don't really see it happening in this plugin. It is too bespoke to a specific purpose, and requires inputs that don't match those that Open With works with.

Tags
conversion, kepubify