Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Angry Can't open program!

I haven't used calibre for a while. My reader is being repaired. Just tried to open to check something and got the following error: Python function terminated unexpectedly cannot import name QVariant (Error Code 1)
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I would recommend downloading the software again and re-installing it. My network support office always tells people to keep a copy of the installation software around for everything you have on your PC becuase one of the halmarks of Windows is that it has a tendecy to corrupt itself over time. That's the way Microsoft forces you to upgrade and pay them more dollars. Sounds like your copy has been corupted.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
tponzo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I would recommend downloading the software again and re-installing it. My network support office always tells people to keep a copy of the installation software around for everything you have on your PC becuase one of the halmarks of Windows is that it has a tendecy to corrupt itself over time. That's the way Microsoft forces you to upgrade and pay them more dollars. Sounds like your copy has been corupted.
I thought of that but would I lose all of my content? That is an issue right now because my reader is broken, so calibre is the only repository of my e-book collection.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstalling does not touch your ebook library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
tponzo
Addict

awesome. thanks, I'll do that.
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
If you want to be really safe (as in belt and suspenders safe), make a copy of your calibre library folder and stash it somewhere else on your computer or, even better, on a flash or external hard drive or an online repository like dropbox. Make sure you copy the entire folder and not just the files; it's too easy to overlook a critical file otherwise.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
tponzo
Addict

thanks. I'll do that.