Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Wattles, Wallace D.: The Science of Getting Rich. v1. 27 June 07

I was reading the news today and there was some discussion about the millions of people that have read Rhonday Byrne's best seller, "The Secret."

In the article, Byrne mentioned a 1910 book, "The Science of Getting Rich," by Wallace D. Wattles. This book gave her "a glimpse of a Great Secret — The Secret to life," as Byrne writes in her foreword.

Well I haven't bought and/or read "The Secret," and I don't plan to (honestly the hype regarding "The Secret" here in the States is getting on my nerves), BUT I figured that I would give Mr. Wattles' book a read. Basically it's a self-help book that tells you how you can become rich and successful by wanting to be rich and successful.

Apparently I haven't wanted to be rich long enough--um 38 years now--because I'm still not rich or successful. But I guess one small step is to save my money and not buy Byrne's book because I can read Mr. Wattles' book for free.

This book was created by me using the "PieLrfGUI" program (kudos to EatingPie and simmepimme) and it's the first time I've posted a book created with it, so let me know if anything needs to be corrected.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wattles, Wallace D_The Science of Getting Rich.lrf.zip (65.8 KB, 899 views)
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It looks good. More margin around the outside than I would have used; but less than most Sony CONNECT store books have. It was interesting to find the title page on page 2 after the TOC. I did miss one of your wonderful covers.

In all, noting to change. Splendid job.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It looks good. More margin around the outside than I would have used; but less than most Sony CONNECT store books have. It was interesting to find the title page on page 2 after the TOC. I did miss one of your wonderful covers.

In all, noting to change. Splendid job.
Thanks! I'll work on the margins tonight and also correct some minor spelling errors and post a revised version. I miss doing the covers, but as of now, this program doesn't allow images...

As for the title page page 2, I'm not sure how to fix that but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your comments!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I read 'the secret' while waiting at Walmart for my wife to buy a Mothers day card. She read EVERY SINGLE one in the store so she could get the perfect one for Mom... So I went and sat on the patio furniture and read that book since I didn't have my reader...

Stupid stupid stupid premise linked to a sound principle.

Here's the entire book in a nutshell..

(Stupid premise)
a. There's a LAW of attraction in the Universe that works exactly like the law of gravity or any other law of Physics.
b. What you think.. You draw like gravity or a magnet to you.
c. Think negative, depressing, unhappy (etc.) thoughts and what you think will be drawn to you. (whether its a car accident or the flu.)
d. Think rich happy healthy thoughts (etc) and these things will INEVITABLY (Like gravity) come to you.
d... (The book goes on redundantly declaring these principals like gospel for about 100 pages.)

The sound principal the book is based on is of course, self evident.

Human beings fulfill their own dreams and fears with their thoughts. No one ever started a business or painted a painting (Etc.) unless he or she first pictured their dream then went for it!

And the negative side of that principal is likewise true.

Law of the universe.. Thats rich indeed.

Idiocy equals The Secret squared.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote