Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Teneflin
Teneflin began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Newbie Question on updates (V2.12 and zip file)

I downloaded the latest update by WiFi (Ver. 2.12) the other day. I have the hp 48 calculator (fantastic, but I wish it was larger on the screen) and Dillo Web browser on my flash card.

Today I received an email from iRex to download a zip file. Is this different from the WiFi update? Will I lose the calculator and Dillo if I copy it to CF and install it?

hmmm ... on further look, calc and Dillo no longer work ...

PS: I use my iLiad mostly to read new court cases as they are released from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) (http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/dailylog.html). I convert them with mobi pocket reader from pdf for an easier to read format and font. I am a patent attorney ... the iLiad is saving reams of paper and printer ink!

Sorry in advance for these really dumb newbie questions.

Last edited by Teneflin; 02-09-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Teneflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Not sure about the zip file, but after an upgrade you need to request shell access again for these other programs to run. Request it from here: https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Teneflin
Teneflin began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Shell access after V2.12 and hp48 Emulator

Thanks! I re-installed the shell access and my hp48 came on fine and Dillo is back too!
Teneflin is offline   Reply With Quote