Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Have you tried the Canadian Google Ebook store?

It opened yesterday and oddly enough there has been very little mention of it.
The books are available to Kobo ebook readers, there are over 2 million free ebooks, and the retail ebooks are supposed to be competitively price.

I don't have a Kobo Vox yet so I'm curious if any of you readers have tried the goolge ebook store?

Cheers....
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I get the app and it runs but apparently does nothing...
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
I get the app and it runs but apparently does nothing...
Did you get the app from the google ebook page?
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Every time I try it says that I don't have a phone?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
janstone
janstone began at the beginning.

I've checked it out but the prices are a lot higher than kobo! One book was 12.99 on google and 9.99 on kobo! That's a big difference! I've found kobo has the lowest prices by far.
janstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Well, I see one book is the same price on Kobo as it is at Google, but I haven't done a big comparison with other titles yet.

I've been waiting for Google's Canadian site to open up--always nice to have more choices. I do purchase from the Sony store, but their prices tend to be higher than Kobo's and I usually only buy from Sony if Kobo doesn't have the title available.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Anyone know if they charge tax?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by janstone View Post
I've checked it out but the prices are a lot higher than kobo! One book was 12.99 on google and 9.99 on kobo! That's a big difference! I've found kobo has the lowest prices by far.
Indeed. I find more often than not kobo even beats Amazon on price.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote