Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
tukatz
tukatz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Questions about Nook audio operation

I'm new to the forum and my wife's Nook just arrived yesterday. I have figured out most things, even though the user manual leaves much to be desired.

I read that I could download MP3s to My Music, including into sub-folders, so I did that. However, when I open the audio app and tap on the play list icon I don't see any folders. Instead I see a list of three tracks from one or more albums (sub-folders). I have not been able to display the sub-folders and I have not figured out how to scroll down the play list. Can anyone help?
tukatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
tukatz
tukatz began at the beginning.

Device: none
I called Nook support but gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes. So I emailed them on the morning of the 19th. I finally got a reply over four days later. They suggested it would be easiest to help me if I called them. I have concluded that Nook support is non-existent and the Nook is a product that was rushed to market before it was ready. Not a happy camper.
tukatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukatz View Post
The Nook Audio Player should work like a normal MP3 player but at present does not. When a software patch has fixed it you will initially see the names of sub-folders you have created under My Music. For example, I used my laptop to copy albums into separate sub-folders. When you tap on an album title you will see a list of the tracks. When you play a track the player will go on to the next track an on through the album. Oh, and the scroll bar you see at the right edge of the nav window when it displays tracks with the current version of software is counter-intuitive. You don't sweep your finger DOWN to scroll, you sweep your finger UP, and it does work now. Unfortunately, at present you will see a random list of tracks from different albums.
See Phone Conversation with Support thread.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
Without having used one yet, I still think this device has the greatest potential so far and these are just software problems that, potentially, can be easily fixed.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote