Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #901
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
I want to try Duokan on my PW. So, can one please post step by step guide to install it. I'm having latest 5.3 firmware, I was having 5.2, then I jailbroke it and installed the jailbreak Bridge, thanks to "NiLuJe" prior to update to 5.3.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #902
Psywind
Brick Master
Psywind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT Android
I'm curious if Duokan will be more compatible with stardict dictionaries in the future or if it will add another format? As it stands, it seems that all my dictionary do not display well in Duokan. Bold, italics, block quotes, and so on are not compatible it seems. Instead of formated text being displayed it reads, <b>, <i> , <blockquote>, <everythingelse>; </> to the point that the dictionary's use is next to obsolete.

Now, I understand that colored text cannot be displayed on my device and that makes sense, but what about everything else? I imagine that it should be possible to remove the formatting to make the display more readable in the mean time, but I am not entirely sure on how to approach this with three different files.
Psywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #903
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psywind View Post
but I am not entirely sure on how to approach this with three different files.
you can use the Stardict Editor
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #904
9000RPM
9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just an update, I'm in talks with the dev team and they have asked me to translate the user manual. They said they want a manual first before focusing on translating the system.

Soon you will be able to choose English language display without any additional steps.
9000RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #905
Uzotru
Uzotru began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
where is duokantool.exe??????

guys, i followed the guide...in the step 6 it require a .exe that doenst have in the package downloaded on the kuiapan.... i really tired to keep searching...so plz, can someone give me a link or something? i'm using the C10564.rtm.zip..... plz help
Uzotru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #906
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzotru View Post
guys, i followed the guide...in the step 6 it require a .exe that doenst have in the package downloaded on the kuiapan.... i really tired to keep searching...so plz, can someone give me a link or something? i'm using the C10564.rtm.zip..... plz help
see this post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #907
Uzotru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
i'm stucked on System Diags mode....i can connect and put files in there......i try to use U) USB Device mode and nothing happens.....i just want to get him back to normal to start again..... i cant use Disabla diags cause it tells me device_info.xml not found!

i think i broke it.....
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #908
Uzotru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
yeah, now now i can throw files in my kindle......so...how do i stop it to boot in System diags in loop?? i should undo any of thats steps with the driver installation?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #909
Uzotru

i managed to install duokan......thanks..... but now i'm stuck on the System Diags loop.....what can i do, people...plz
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #910
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
here is my optimized English.txt
you may wanna test

and if you want complete root access to your kindle rename miniftpd.conf.txt to miniftpd.conf to use it in duokan,
use anonymous login to the ftp-server

to access rw in root, you use "nmtroot rw" and "nmtroot ro" to reverse

please no questions about root access
if you dont know how and why, better don't do it
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (34.2 KB, 758 views)
File Type: txt miniftpd.conf.txt (312 Bytes, 283 views)
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #911
Uzotru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puxxi2003 View Post
here is my optimized English.txt
you may wanna test

and if you want complete root access to your kindle rename miniftpd.conf.txt to miniftpd.conf to use it in duokan,
use anonymous login to the ftp-server

please no questions about root access
if you dont know how and why, better don't do it
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645

the mfg forced boot get me out of the diags....but, i think that whenever i boot again i will be send to diags again.....better just hibernate

Last edited by Uzotru; 12-04-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: i made it
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #912
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzotru View Post
so.....what should i do.....dammit.... i'm trying to use the mfg to boot in main mode.....but no success. I cant get out of the diags mode.
IIRC you have to make your own deviceinfo.xml file.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #913
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Or run one of the diagnostics on the diag menu before trying to exit.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #914
Uzotru

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
thanks!! it healped with the restart problem!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #915
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by puxxi2003 View Post
mntroot rw , mntroot ro

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf