Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
DmitryZzz
DmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDmitryZzz can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In case you want to turn off "Time left in book" function...

In case you want to turn off "Time left in book" function in your Paperwhite, just type in search bar:

;ReadingTimeOff

Just found this myself thinking about the ";ReadingTimeReset" trick.

";ReadingTimeOn" will turn it back on, of course.

Last edited by DmitryZzz; 03-24-2013 at 06:30 AM.
DmitryZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I wonder why such basic stuff is not in a menu.

If you add a function, there are always people who don't want it, so an Off-button should be mandatory. I've had my Reading Time majorily messed up a few times because of flipping through a book, so a Reset-button would be very handy.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Nice trick. I didn't like the time left initially because I thought it didn't really make sense and how could they accurately determine how fast you read. But now I see it as a nice alternative to the progress bar which was on the KK.

Are there any other hidden commands?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Generally speaking those command were stored in a single file somewhere on the touch.

Eureka would probably remember where.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Are there any other hidden commands?
Kindle_Touch_Hacking#Search_Bar_Shortcuts
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
See... he is so good at those things... Sigh.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Thank you for this!

After I tried a lot, let me tell people: you have to type that inside a book, not on the home screen. It will work for all books though.

Greets!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Thanks for the find. I have added the entry to the Wiki.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Thanks for the find. I have added the entry to the Wiki.
I think it would be helpful to include the reset function with the on/off entries in the Wiki:

;ReadingTimeReset
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I think it would be helpful to include the reset function with the on/off entries in the Wiki:

;ReadingTimeReset
Done.
Anybody can edit the wiki, including you.
So if you feel that something can be added or improved, you can make any change3s you deem appropriate.

I have gladly done the editing, and I am not pointing this out because I am lazy, but in the future you do not have to wait for somebody else to make the edit. The more of us will make such small edits, the more complete our wiki will become.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Done.
Anybody can edit the wiki, including you.
So if you feel that something can be added or improved, you can make any change3s you deem appropriate.

I have gladly done the editing, and I am not pointing this out because I am lazy, but in the future you do not have to wait for somebody else to make the edit. The more of us will make such small edits, the more complete our wiki will become.
Noted. Thank you. I did not want to assume that was the case.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Leaving aside why you would want to turn it off, what is wrong with just tapping the 'n mins left in chapter/book' label so as to display location instead? Or using the Reading Progress menu item? Not that it is not cool to type commands in the search box...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Leaving aside why you would want to turn it off, what is wrong with just tapping the 'n mins left in chapter/book' label so as to display location instead? Or using the Reading Progress menu item? Not that it is not cool to type commands in the search box...
I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't realize that was an option.

DmitryZzz: Thank-you for this!
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 AM   #14
andreadesign
andreadesign began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, thanks for this Hack.

I need to set a book as read, is there a way to do that?
Sadly I've had to reset my Kindle but I'd like to put the books I've just read as completed.
I'm using Calibre to upload books on my device.

Thanks in advance.
andreadesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreadesign View Post
Hi, thanks for this Hack.

I need to set a book as read, is there a way to do that?
Sadly I've had to reset my Kindle but I'd like to put the books I've just read as completed.
I'm using Calibre to upload books on my device.

Thanks in advance.
Did you save the sdr folders? It should have recorded all your reading progress. put it in the same folder as the books.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote