Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2022, 06:01 AM   #1
chrispe
chrispe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Exclamation Kindle Scribe - DS

Hello!
I find solution how disable in my Kindle Scribe automatic disable screen. When I don't use Kindle for few minutes, screen turn off automatic. In previously Kindles there was possible command ~ds, but in this model it doesn't work.
Could you give me any solution?

I use Kindle Scribe during playing piano and I have to have screen all time active.
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 06:53 AM   #2
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
It hasn't been working for a few firmware version already. I am not aware of any alternative.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
chrispe
chrispe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thank you for answer
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I wish ~ds still worked. i wonder why they took it away
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Because, gods forbid, you wouldn't have even the slightest possibility to customize or modify your device. Perish the thought! No tinkering!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2022, 12:29 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Because, gods forbid, you wouldn't have even the slightest possibility to customize or modify your device. Perish the thought! No tinkering!
Oh please. Nobody wants to tinker with a Kindle. It's perfect just the way it is!!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
It hasn't been working for a few firmware version already. I am not aware of any alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
It is still possible to disable sleep on kindles with jailbreak, but there is no jailbreak fro Scribe yet.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:55 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Oh please. Nobody wants to tinker with a Kindle. It's perfect just the way it is!!
...until you try another brand and find out you like something a Kindle can't offer. I'm speaking from experience here. Granted, not everyone wants to tinker. Heck, lots of people never customize anything - not their tablets, computers or even phones, except possibly changing the wallpaper. They're just not interested or can't be bothered.
Old 12-25-2022, 06:55 PM   #9
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
...until you try another brand and find out you like something a Kindle can't offer. I'm speaking from experience here. Granted, not everyone wants to tinker. Heck, lots of people never customize anything - not their tablets, computers or even phones, except possibly changing the wallpaper. They're just not interested or can't be bothered.
...unless you need something no other brand can offer
Old 12-25-2022, 07:21 PM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
...unless you need something no other brand can offer
I thought I needed syncing for sideloaded books, until I found out I could manage without, and so didn't need to be married to my Kindles.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:44 AM   #11
innocenat
Zealot

Quote:
I thought I needed syncing for sideloaded books, until I found out I could manage without, and so didn't need to be married to my Kindles.
For me, I need the Japanese dictionary implementation. Nothing even come close to Kindle.

(I have pretty much moved my English ebook reading to BOOX device. But I still use Kindle for Japanese books)
Old 12-26-2022, 11:10 PM   #12
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
They should keep the display on whenever the Scribe is being charged. This seems to be a feature which they should implement in the next OS release. The usb charging port is on the side so it should not be as much of a hassle as the older readers with a bottom charging socket.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote