Name:	DSC00415.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	766.3 KB
ID:	44206   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00422.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	754.0 KB
ID:	44207  

Last edited by Willie Aames; 01-29-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Willie Aames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I would buy it for $200 + $30 to ship it to Belarus...
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
lunatrik
lunatrik began at the beginning.

Device: None
Edit: I actually did a bit of research and it seems you can get these new for $190 (http://www.frys.com/product/5432609). If you could come down a bit on the price we could do a local sale - I live in Worcester.

PM me if we could work something out, save the paypal fees and headaches

Dan

Last edited by lunatrik; 01-24-2010 at 06:35 PM.
lunatrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Are you making a business out of this, BeTePoK?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Are you making a business out of this, BeTePoK?
No, I'm just trying to help my friends and relatives to buy it cheaper. But it's a good idea to start making money from them

Last edited by BeTePoK; 01-25-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Willie Aames
Willie Aames began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Quote:
Interested, but UPS is quoting $190+ to ship. Any cheaper ways you know of?
Willie Aames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
BeTePoK
Guru

It's simple: using USPS (Priority Mail) will cost you 30$ to ship the reader to Belarus.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Aames View Post
Interested, but UPS is quoting $190+ to ship. Any cheaper ways you know of?
Here is what I used for the last package I sent him...

http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices....&p=0&o=1&mt=12
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
BeTePoK
Guru

Thanks, Rob! Normally shipping costs $28.75 + $4.40 for Insurance
Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #10
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Quote:
No, I'm just trying to help my friends and relatives to buy it cheaper. But it's a good idea to start making money from them
I have been wondering because I can't imagine anyone has that many friends or relatives who all want a Sony reader. It has to be a business.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #11
BeTePoK
Guru

This forum is for non-commerial deals only
If it was a business, I think that I'd be buying EVERY reader in good condition
As for my friends and relatives...now I have one PRS-500 (I do not use it and want to sell or make a gift for Birthday), PRS-505 silver (I use it), PRS-505 (I bought it for my girlfriend). I also bought one PRS-505 silver for my friend, and one PRS-500 for my colleague. My boss wants to buy PRS-505/PRS-600 and asked me to find one. I bought one PRS-700 for another colleague, who has to read a lot of documentation, and the reader will be the easiest way to do it.
I need to buy another one for my elder brother, and one for his wife.

Why so many? Because in my country I can buy PRS-505 for almost $400, PRS-700 will cost approx. $600!. Can you imagine this? 400-600 bucks for the reader, when average salary range in Belarus is about $300/month! In the USA I can buy NEW PRS-505 for $190 (well, I could do this only if I come here and pick it locally from the store...)! Two times cheaper! Many people in Belarus want to buy ebook readers, but they cannot afford it because of its price here. 200+30 for shipping is acceptable price, but 380-400 - NO! And when people see these devices (I was asked many times by random people where I bought it) - they want to buy it. And reasonable price is about $200, but not $400.

Hope it was clear.

Last edited by BeTePoK; 01-26-2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: adding few words
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #12
elf_ua
elf_ua began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Ветерок, you could try to buy them on ebay, as I did it Now all my friends with excellent readers for reasonable price. Usually, it's a better way to bid on some low-priced items, but before you should speak with sellers about shipping.

Regards,
Roman
elf_ua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #13
BeTePoK
Guru

Well, it would be good decision...if it was possible to register PayPal accounts for belarussian citizens. PayPal doesn't operate with Belarus. And about 80% of all sellers wouldn't ship overseas.
If you ever bid on eBay - you should know that the price at the very end of the auction could fly up to the sky, if it was low at the beginning.
Once I tried to ask my friend to help me with buying the PRS-505 reader from eBay, with all staff, cables, CD, wall charger, light cover etc. It was 12 hours left to the end of the auction, and the price was about $189, which is quite good. When 1 hour left - price is still $189. During this hour 18 bids were made, and reader was sold for 281$ So you just were lucky enough...
And do not the on the price at the very beginning.

But in any case, there are two main reasons: PP doesn't work with Belarus, and sellers don't want to ship overseas.

Last edited by BeTePoK; 01-26-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #14
elf_ua
elf_ua began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Ouch. Really, I didn't find Belarus in the list of countries in the PP, but neighbour country Ukraine and Russia are present, it's strange. May be you should write an email to PP support.
As for bidding. You should be lucky and make a bid only in last minutes; in other case someone overbid you in 90%. I agree with you about shipping, someone won't do it, but some sellers will ship it (even if you didn't contact them before bidding :[ ). It's not a fast method, but during month you could catch something you want for acceptable price.
elf_ua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
dborja
Enthusiast
dborja began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Thanks, Rob! Normally shipping costs $28.75 + $4.40 for Insurance
I can confirm that that's exactly how much it costs to ship up to two pounds (enough for the PRS-505 and packaging) to Belarus via USPS Priority Mail insured using a non-flatrate box.
dborja is offline   Reply With Quote