Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #31
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey57 View Post
Mine is now Shipping Soon and credit card has been charged. 11/15 delivery date and I ordered on 9/30. I believe I am close to a few of the warehouses, since I seem to receive my orders pretty quickly. I will be traveling for work anyway....., so I will experience "delayed gratification" anyway!
Is there a way to check the locations of the warehouses?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
At Best Buy last night, I saw that they already had fire accessories for sale. Staples already had an empty end cap, indicating that they were coming soon.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #33
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Carol
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon.com
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #34
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Quote:

Carol

Someone once told me there are 3-4 in PA and the closest to me would be Allentown. It is rare for me to wait longer than 3-4 days for an Amazon order ( unless there is a 3rd party involved). My first K3 was delivered in just 2 days and I did not use expedited shipping.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #35
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Thanks.

Carol
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #36
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

Carol
When it ships you can see from where it shipped by looking up the shipping info. I get a lot of stuff from the Dallas/Fort Worth warehouse across the metro from me. But you never know which one they will use.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #37
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
WoooT! Shipping soon, CC charged. I'm hopeful for monday. I just built a computer entirely from amazon, and they did ship some of the parts on saturday, so it's possible, I'm hoping. The only thing is that it's the day after veteran's day, so we'll see. I wish the cover I ordered shipped at the same time though lol
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #38
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
When it ships you can see from where it shipped by looking up the shipping info. I get a lot of stuff from the Dallas/Fort Worth warehouse across the metro from me. But you never know which one they will use.
Thanks. I tried checking past orders but there was nothing on where it shipped from.

Carol
Old 11-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #39
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thanks. I tried checking past orders but there was nothing on where it shipped from.

Carol
Sorry, I meant check the UPS tracking info.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #40
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Sorry, I meant check the UPS tracking info.
Exactly right. I hope to see "Lexington, KY" on mine. Only one hour to travel...
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #41
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Question

Just curious for those of you who've had your credit cards charged. Amazon's stated policy is that it charges only when shipped - do you think the "Shipped" notification is just lagging?
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #42
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Just curious for those of you who've had your credit cards charged. Amazon's stated policy is that it charges only when shipped - do you think the "Shipped" notification is just lagging?
It's entirely possible that Fires have already shipped. We won't know until the tracking is posted. That may not happen until Monday morning.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #43
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
It's entirely possible that Fires have already shipped. We won't know until the tracking is posted. That may not happen until Monday morning.
I see; sure hope so. Thanks!
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #44
jswinden
Nameless Being

I pre-ordered mine September 28 and it still shows "Not Shipped Yet" and my CC has not been charged. I'm not worried though. I think there are well over one million units being prepared for shipping, so it will take a while for this process to occur. That is probably why we are seeing activity today (Saturday) instead of Monday. Each unit has to be labeled and routed for shipping and each unit has to be registered and assigned an email address. I suspect there might be a lot of overworked employees at Amazon this weekend! If the units are turned over to UPS or FedEx on Monday Nov 14, we will get them starting Tuesday Nov 15 which is one day earlier than any of us previously had listed as our estimated delivery date (Nov 16).

For any of you who have had your CC charged, does the Manage My Devices page on Amazon.com show a serial number and email address for your Fire? If not, then I doubt it has shipped yet.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-12-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #45
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
I pre-ordered mine September 28 and it still shows "Not Shipped Yet" and my CC has not been charged. I'm not worried though. I think there are well over one million units being prepared for shipping, so it will take a while for this process to occur. That is probably why we are seeing activity today (Saturday) instead of Monday. Each unit has to be labeled and routed for shipping and each unit has to be registered and assigned an email address. I suspect there might be a lot of overworked employees at Amazon this weekend! If the units are turned over to UPS or FedEx on Monday Nov 14, we will get them starting Tuesday Nov 15 which is one day earlier than any of us previously had listed as our estimated delivery date (Nov 16).

For any of you who have had your CC charged, does the Manage My Devices page on Amazon.com show a serial number and email address for your Fire? If not, then I doubt it has shipped yet.
I'm in the same boat, so you're not alone, but I did speak to Amazon and they did say my order has been authorized, but they did promise delivery by estimated date. I'm in California by the way.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote