Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
kirisafar
kirisafar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
At the airport

Hi,
I'm going to be at Los Angeles Airport in November 19. Is there any way I could buy it when I am there? Thank you.
kirisafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do you mean "inside" the airport or nearby? I don't know about inside the airport but there is a Target store in Culver City you could visit if you have a long enough lay-over. Of course it would be best to call once you land to make sure they have one in stock before you head out.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
kirisafar

Yeah I was hoping for a Sony Store inside the airport.

Thank you
Old 10-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Can't you just order one online, either from SONY or from Target??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisafar View Post

Thank you
There may be a vending machine that has one. I know people have mentioned seeing them... don't remember what airports though. Also, check to see if there is a Borders at the airport... if so, they may have it.

Here's a thread with a pic of the vending machine. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20243

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I was assuming (probably wrongly) that kirisafar was traveling through from out of the country and wanted a U.S. version of the Sony.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
L.A Airport Website Lists a Brookstone in Terminal 1 (100Terminal Way) the Brookstone website lists a Sony for $299........don't know if the airport store carries them..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Phone number for Brookstone at the airport

(310) 649-4297
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
kirisafar

Wow thank you everybody, yes as daffy4u says I'm from Mexico to New Zealand through LAX and wanted to buy the e-reader hopefully a 700 series.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Quote:

Thank you
Don't waste your time at the airport Sony Stores. We flew out to the US the day after the 505 was officially launched in the UK, sometime around the 3nd September. Even with the tax saved at the airport it was still about £15 more expensive than in the high street. Know your prices in advance and then you'll soon see that airports are not necessarily the place to save money.
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
humzai
humzai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I do not think he wants to buy it from an airport based on monetary factors. He wants the device right after launch with minimum hassle.
humzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
kirisafar

You're right humzai, I'll be living in New Zealand for at least a year and I don't want to wait or pay the premium whenever it arrives there.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Quote:
I don't want to wait or pay the premium whenever it arrives there.
Good luck with that! No 500 at any stage. No 505 yet so I bought mine in the US when there on business. Australia hasn't seen it yet.

If you wait it may be a futile one.......

Of course if I'm wrong then great stuff and I'll be wandering along to the Wellington Sony Style for a look-see even with the NZD being so weak
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote