Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Jade
Jade began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I need help

Hi,

I don't know how to tranfer my ebooks from mobipocket to my kindle 2. I am not tech savvy. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Mobi books must be DRM free (just FYI in case you didn't know). Just plug the Kindle in via USB, double click on the Kindle in My Computer (Windows) or on the Desktop (Mac) and drag your books to the "documents" folder. Eject the Kindle and you're ready to do.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
If you are trying to transfer ebooks from within the MobiPocketReader application to your Kindle you do have problems. My experience was that MobiPocketReader creates a destination folder on the Kindle called "eBooks" and copies the ebook to that location rather than the "documents" folder that Kindle uses. Thus, while the ebook is copied over it, is not in a place where the Kindle can see it.

You will need to use your Windows Explorer or equivalent to manually copy the ebook file to the documents folder on your Kindle (The Kindle typically shows up as the K: drive on my system). It would be wise to also use the Explorer to remove the ebooks folder on the Kindle since it is useless. (So far as I can tell)

It might be worth while to go to the MobiPocketReader threads (if there are any) and seek help if you are more comfortable within that venue.

Good Luck

Last edited by NormHart; 05-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote