Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Lost My Very Long Post With Questions About PB 301 Controls vs PB 360 Controls

WOW, when I pushed the button to view the long post I was working on, the board prompted for logon. I did that. I never got back to my draft post.
I think it was supposed to be at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/new...stthread&f=206 but I got a blank page there. If this happens again is there a way to recover a post in progress?

Maybe the software was telling me not to be so long winded.

My draft post was asking about which controls I could use on the 301 when the procedure said to use the 360's "wing button" or the "D-pad". Does the D-pad on the 360 behave differently from the D-pad-like control on the 301?

Next time I'll prepare my post on my Win 7's "notepad" and paste it unto the board.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
WOW, when I pushed the button to view the long post I was working on, the board prompted for logon. I did that. I never got back to my draft post.
I think it was supposed to be at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/new...stthread&f=206 but I got a blank page there. If this happens again is there a way to recover a post in progress?

Maybe the software was telling me not to be so long winded.

My draft post was asking about which controls I could use on the 301 when the procedure said to use the 360's "wing button" or the "D-pad". Does the D-pad on the 360 behave differently from the D-pad-like control on the 301?

Next time I'll prepare my post on my Win 7's "notepad" and paste it unto the board.
There's a time limit on the MR posts to prevent those orphaned windows to stay open forever. I think both directional pads are absolutely identical in function, btw.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Vienna01

Wing Button & Select Open on PB301?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There's a time limit on the MR posts to prevent those orphaned windows to stay open forever. I think both directional pads are absolutely identical in function, btw.
Thanks. Next long post will be keyed in notepad on WIN 7 first.
What do I use on 301 when 360 control [to execute a function described on this board] is WINGS BUTTON? I don't think I have one of those.

Also I was trying to force a book(s) to open in FBreader. The instructions say:
MENU>BOOKS>SELECT BOOK>PRESS & HOLD MIDDLE BUTTON> MINI MENU POPS UP>SELECT OPEN WITH> Right CLICK>SELECT FBREADER.
When I press and hold the middle button, I get the Fast Access Menu. On my 301 (v 15.) There is no OPEN WITH choice. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Thanks. Next long post will be keyed in notepad on WIN 7 first.
What do I use on 301 when 360 control [to execute a function described on this board] is WINGS BUTTON? I don't think I have one of those.

MENU>BOOKS>SELECT BOOK>PRESS & HOLD MIDDLE BUTTON> MINI MENU POPS UP>SELECT OPEN WITH> Right CLICK>SELECT FBREADER.
When I press and hold the middle button, I get the Fast Access Menu. On my 301 (v 15.) There is no OPEN WITH choice. Am I doing something wrong?
Look here
Its a config file, there the second choice is set. Default is FBReader.
Unpack the downloaded file first before installing. Instruction is written in the mentioned thread.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
What file type?
Usually when you don't get OPEN WITH its because the file type only has one association in the extensions.cfg file.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Vienna01

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
What file type?
Usually when you don't get OPEN WITH its because the file type only has one association in the extensions.cfg file.
The file type was ePUB
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Okaayyy...
If an ePub file *doesn't* offer up Adobeviewer you must have a mangled extensions.cfg file. (I assume it's not just the one file but all epubs?)
Check here for how to tweak it back to normal:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote