Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
theresarogers
theresarogers began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Hi Themus!

Any idea how to sync notes made in a book on the Nook PC with the Color Nook and vice versa??? I tried your "close the book" fix, which makes perfect sense, but it didn't work.

Thanks!
Theresa
theresarogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #17
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
It stopped working for me since the upgrade 1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresarogers View Post
Hi Themus!

Any idea how to sync notes made in a book on the Nook PC with the Color Nook and vice versa??? I tried your "close the book" fix, which makes perfect sense, but it didn't work.

Thanks!
Theresa
I wish I had an answer. The syncing stopped working for me since the wireless upgrade by B&N. I've tried syncing with the Itouch and Desktop and neither is working with my Nook Color now.

This is something the B&N clearly advertise does work, but in all my correspondence with them by phone and email, they only know how to repeat three sentences. Yes it works, push the sync arrows, and open it up.

I think it has problems and they don't want to admit it because it's a selling feature. I love the device, and only trust in the future they will get their act together.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #18
theresarogers
theresarogers began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Well, cr*p. I also hope they fix it soon. I love mine, too, but I want all the notes I've already made in the books I read before I got it! *sigh* I'll just wait. I can be patient. *folds hands* See?
theresarogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
So if I use the same account for two Nook Colors, does anyone know what exactly is synced between the two? It appears from reading this thread it is just the library, bookmarks, and possibly last page read. I'm wondering about browser bookmarks, home page, shelves, saved usernames and passwords, app data (such as calendar, todo lists, etc).
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #20
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I can't get my phone to sync to my NC no matter what I try. I hope they fix this.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
Wolf3
Connoisseur
Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook 2, Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod 4
This was the newest thread about this I could find, so hopefully no one minds me replying!

I can't figure out how to get syncing to work at all. In my case, I played with it between an iPad and Nook 2. I fairly frequently would read on both my Kindle and iPod, and the syncing with that was pretty straight forward and seemed to just work.

This, I loaded the book on my iPad, and it said something like "you've read further on another device, would you like to go to that page?" without saying the page. I clicked "yes" or the equivalent, and...nothing happened. It just stayed on the same page. Then I went to a further location on the iPad, and went back to my Nook, and...nothing.

Sooooo I don't know if syncing actually works at all, or if I'm just missing something. Not actually too huge of a deal to just write down a page number I suppose!
Wolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
Ferencz
Ferencz began at the beginning.

Device: nst
no news on this?
syncing annotations with calibre would be great -
I just found https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1140783

Last edited by Ferencz; 05-24-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Ferencz is offline   Reply With Quote