Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #616
pryrates
pryrates began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Having a Kindle Voyage (Wi-Fi+3G bought in europe if it matters) it seems that the resolution of 1080x1440 is wrong. At least for me. I resolved another resolution via Javascript w/in the browser and got 1072x1448 instead.

I've changed the KV profile in KCC to the new resolution and it looks just fine.

Here some shots I took: http://imgur.com/a/JRPt3
pryrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #617
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks. I don't have access to real hardware yet.

I will fix it in next release.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #618
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 4.3.1 is out!
  • Fixed Kindle Voyage profile
  • Fixed some bugs in OS X release
  • CLI version now support multiple input files at once
  • Disabled MCB support
  • Other minor tweaks
Old 12-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #619
michiru
michiru began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a problem- it keeps saying that it can't find kindlegen, although I had placed it in kcc directory. :/
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #620
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

What OS? Make sure you place EXE file - not ZIP.
Advert
Old 12-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #621
michiru

Windows 7. Yes, I placed .exe, but it still doesn't work.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #622
michiru

Ooops, I figured it out, I put it in wrong folder. Stupid mistake, I'm sorry for bothering you. Works fine now
Old 12-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #623
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
I just started using this app and it was pretty frustrating because I tried to use the 'Add directory' feature to convert a folder of compress files. 'Add file' works so I made a guessed that the folder option is only for folders of individual images. I found one post in this thread that confirms this, but there is no mention of this in the wiki or faq. For the sake of others, please add a tooltip to the 'Add directory' button to say 'of images only'.

So what are the options to batch convert lots of archives? Extract all archives into individual folders? Use a script and the commandline function (Does KCC.exe itself support commandline features? Doesn't seem so...).

UPDATE: in progress now, but it looks like you can use 'add file' to add multiple files (or just drag/drop a bunch of files) and they will show up in the window like a queue. And then 'Convert' will convert them all. Excellent.

Last edited by badbob001; 12-27-2014 at 12:11 AM.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #624
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Does app support trimming the white-space between panels?
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #625
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Only for Korean Webtoons.

If I had algorithm to auto-parse panels in comics and manga I would sell it :-P
Old 12-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #626
RadicalxEdward
Enthusiast
RadicalxEdward began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
There must have been some sort of glitch that was preventing me from getting this to work on os x. I was constantly having to go back and forth between os x (primary) and bootcamp just to convert manga since my calibre library was in one and KCC only worked in the other. I was using version 4.0.2. I opened it and it said it couldn't find 7z, kindlegen, anything even though i had the latest versions of everything else but kcc. I saw there was a newer version for mac. so i download 4.3.1, and suddenly no errors!

BIGGEST FEATURE REQUEST EVER!
Now that MOBI's created with this are actually a MOBI and EPUB combined which makes it very difficult to edit the metadata. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE some metadata fields in KCC. That would make it perfect for me. I would trade an hour of conversion time just for the ability to set up all my metadata in-app. That way I wouldn't have to split the mobi/epub after every conversion just to edit metadata.

title, author, series, series number, cover, description, any others?

Any chance of this happening?

Now that it works for me on the mac i'm super excited. I wish i had some money to donate. I promise i will when i do because this app deserves it and I want mac/crossplatform development for it to continue.
RadicalxEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #627
Tushin
Tushin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
[All] Add directory button don't support multiselection. QT limitation.
This is the limitation of native FileDialog, you can use "ugly" QFileDialog instead.

Code:
    //Multiselection file dialog
    //http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/34226-QFileDialog-select-multiple-directories?p=220108#post220108
    QFileDialog getBookListDialog(this,"Choose Book to Convert","/");
    getBookListDialog.setFileMode(QFileDialog::DirectoryOnly);
    getBookListDialog.setOption(QFileDialog::DontUseNativeDialog,true);
    QListView *l = getBookListDialog.findChild<QListView*>("listView");
    if (l)
    {
        l->setSelectionMode(QAbstractItemView::ExtendedSelection);
    }
    //

if(getBookListDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)
    {
        ui->listWidget->addItems(getBookListDialog.selectedFiles());
    }
It's C++ because I don't know anything about Python, sorry
Tushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #628
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@RadicalxEdward - Yeah. Last release fixed bucket of OSX problems.

Files created by KCC are hybrid MOBI. Not MOBI and EPUB combined. And that is reason why even Calibre fail to edit metadata - No editor support editing both header sets that are used in hybrid MOBI. Additionally any re-conversion of output MOBI will corrupt file if any tool other than Kindlegen is used.

KCC already support metadata! It will read any data embedded in ComicRack format:
https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wi...cRack-metadata
Obviously it only work with CBZ/CBR/CB7 input.

@Tushin - I know. But non-native dialog windows make my eyes bleed.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #629
mrvilleneuve
mrvilleneuve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I'm so glad I found this app. I can't wait to read comics on my Kindle PaperWhite. Unfortunately, I think there may be something wrong with my CBR files.

Here is the message I get when trying to convert my files

https://imgur.com/qfwV1i2
Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance
mrvilleneuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #630
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You got this error on all CBR files or only on one? What version of OSX you use?

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools