Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
robert_22
robert_22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face Which reader would you recommend to me ?

Hi i'm from Chile and i want to buy a e reader, i have looked a lot for a good e-reader but still not sure. Maybe you can help me.

I would like an e-ink reader, for guides of the college ( about 20 pages) and i would like to be able to do hightlight in some words or write some notes at the edge of the page. Also i prefer a big one (about 9 inches i tought for an A4 page complete or almost).

i have looked for the pocketbook 912, but then i prefered the onyx boox m92 and at the moment this one is my first option but i want to be very sure about it will work for my.

And also i'm complicated for the shippment to my country that is quite far from europe...

in advance, thank for the help c:
robert_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_22 View Post
Hi i'm from Chile and i want to buy a e reader, i have looked a lot for a good e-reader but still not sure. Maybe you can help me.

I would like an e-ink reader, for guides of the college ( about 20 pages) and i would like to be able to do hightlight in some words or write some notes at the edge of the page. Also i prefer a big one (about 9 inches i tought for an A4 page complete or almost).

i have looked for the pocketbook 912, but then i prefered the onyx boox m92 and at the moment this one is my first option but i want to be very sure about it will work for my.

And also i'm complicated for the shippment to my country that is quite far from europe...

in advance, thank for the help c:
A friend of mine has tried various ereaders for his MBA.
Eventually he capitulated.
His arguments against ereaders for studying:
a.) Most ereaders only allow for marking text, not scribbling freely. To him, this was a no go.
b.) Some pen-abled ereaders allow for jotting down notes. But you can't really manage them. In paper textbooks for example you could color the edges.
c.) Ereaders are painfully slow. Looking up words or notes in real-time is of no use.

Eventually, my friend bought a Windows convertible laptop. In his words: The best of both worlds. A full blown PC and an equally powerful tablet.

Maybe the new Windows 8 tablets from Microsoft will change the game?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
robert_22
robert_22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks those are interesting things , but a tablet with LCD screen is not a option to me cause makes my eyes hurts badly. That's why i want an e-ink screen
robert_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
What you want/need doesn't exist. The best option for you is a tablet not an ereader.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
My kindle can do that however its not a large format like you want. Perhaps the kindle DX is a better option event though its a lot more dollars.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote