Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #301
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
Google has released the source code to Sky Map, and I've made a build that's slightly Kindle-optimized (i.e., it doesn't assume that you've got a compass in the device). I called this version Open Star Map.

You will have to enter your latitude and longitude manually, though, I think.
Thanks, it appears to run just fine.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #302
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Google has released the source code to Sky Map, and I've made a build that's slightly Kindle-optimized (i.e., it doesn't assume that you've got a compass in the device). I called this version Open Star Map.

You will have to enter your latitude and longitude manually, though, I think.
Are you going to put it on either market?
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #303
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Are you going to put it on either market?
Well, Android Market users can just download Google Sky Map, which right now is almost the same (except that it turns auto mode on each time, because (according to comments in the source) users couldn't figure out how to turn it on).

And it's now in the Amazon Appstore.

Last edited by pruss; 01-31-2012 at 02:55 PM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #304
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
http://fireapps.blogspot.com/2012/02...85515158642432

http://gotoapps.blogspot.com/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FHWF3I/ref=mas_ty

Anyone else try this out yet.
GoToApp
Another alternative to the carousel but not a launcher
i installed it. Got an error at the end but seems to work.

Last edited by salsaguy; 02-05-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added link
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #305
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Most recent batch of Free App of the day have been pretty sad/ weak and i have not downloaded anything in a while so definitely no contenders for this thread.
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #306
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I always get the free app of the day, whether I need or not. There have been times months down the road that I'll suddenly have a need for it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #307
salsaguy
Addict

I do that sometimes.
i assume you d/l it and then immediately remove from device otherwise you'd have no space left.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #308
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I do that sometimes.
i assume you d/l it and then immediately remove from device otherwise you'd have no space left.
I download them from my computer and they go immediately to the Cloud. When I need one of them on my Galaxy Player, I just download it from "My Apps".

I never download them from my Android devices.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #309
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I download them from my computer and they go immediately to the Cloud. When I need one of them on my Galaxy Player, I just download it from "My Apps".

I never download them from my Android devices.
I always "purchase" the apps from my computer too. I don't get every free app of the day, but I do get most of them. I can decide whether to download and install on my tablet(s) later. In the meantime, they're stored in the cloud.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #310
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
WolframAlpha:

http://www.amazon.com/Wolfram-Alpha-...9335150&sr=1-1

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #311
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
@parafluie, apropos of nothing, I have the twin to your Tortoiseshell/Calico kitty here in Murphy, NC.

See pictures here. Tortoiseshell/Calico Kitty Twin Click on the thumbnails to get a bigger picture. That's her big black fluffy brother (and his tail under the rug) with her.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #312
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Just tried out an app from 1mobile called Shake - Lock which seems to work on the Fire. I found it works more consistently if you shake the top end of the Fire up and down. This locks and unlocks the rotation. In the settings you can set an icon to pop up and show when it successfully changes from lock to unlock or vice versa.
It's a little tricky to adjust the sensitivity.
Anyway, it's a bit easier than having to go up to the Kindle top settings and change the lock/unlock.
Edit: Sorry, this is a widget for Go Launcher EX so not usable on the stock KF.

Last edited by Hope; 02-21-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: correction
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #313
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Just tried out an app from 1mobile called Shake - Lock which seems to work on the Fire. I found it works more consistently if you shake the top end of the Fire up and down. This locks and unlocks the rotation. In the settings you can set an icon to pop up and show when it successfully changes from lock to unlock or vice versa.
It's a little tricky to adjust the sensitivity.
Anyway, it's a bit easier than having to go up to the Kindle top settings and change the lock/unlock.
Edit: Sorry, this is a widget for Go Launcher EX so not usable on the stock KF.
I worry that this might decrease battery life by polling the accelerometers more than they should be polled.

I wonder if a better thing wouldn't be an app that lets you lock and unlock rotation via a statusbar notification.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #314
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I worry that this might decrease battery life by polling the accelerometers more than they should be polled.

I wonder if a better thing wouldn't be an app that lets you lock and unlock rotation via a statusbar notification.
You can lock the rotation with just two clicks. I don't think you need an app for that. Hit gear then hit lock/unlock
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #315
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can lock the rotation with just two clicks. I don't think you need an app for that. Hit gear then hit lock/unlock
Handy! Thanks!