Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
kkoburger
kkoburger began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Trouble moving epub to Nook 1st Edition

I've got a book in epub format in my Calibre library. I can open it in the Calibre viewer and it looks fine. After moving it to my Nook it's only two pages long even though in the Nooks 'Go To' menu all the chapters show up. Strange thing is, I can use the Calibre viewer against the ebook on the Nook and again, it all looks fine in the viewer.

I've done an epub to epub conversion, and I even modified metadata to try to trick the Nook into seeing an ebook it hadn't seen before. No luck.
kkoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoburger View Post
I've got a book in epub format in my Calibre library. I can open it in the Calibre viewer and it looks fine. After moving it to my Nook it's only two pages long even though in the Nooks 'Go To' menu all the chapters show up. Strange thing is, I can use the Calibre viewer against the ebook on the Nook and again, it all looks fine in the viewer.

I've done an epub to epub conversion, and I even modified metadata to try to trick the Nook into seeing an ebook it hadn't seen before. No luck.
Did you tamper with the EPUB setting: Split files larger than: 260K

Desktop computers normally have gobs of RAM Reader don't

260K is the number that reliably works for many ADE (MRSDK) based devices. Intense use of images may require a lower number
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
kkoburger

I haven't touched any settings.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoburger View Post
I haven't touched any settings.
Then we will need to wait for a Nook exert. That was the one that trips many of us up (I did it when I first got Calibre. I learned ).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
DO a conversion to mobi then convert the mobi to epub, that will most probably dumb down the markup enough that your Nook will be able to open it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
kkoburger

That fixed it! Thanks so much.