Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
toshiyap
toshiyap began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Sat on my Glo

and its officially dead, I ordered another one over ebay but its just a waste to see the week old Glo just gone like that, seeing as I am in Singapore purchasing from a UK seller, is it worth my time to seek warranty if possible ?
toshiyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not sure that the guarantee covers accidental damage but it's certainly worth a try. It's a real pity to have damaged it like that but it can happen. The usual stupid way to damage a reader is when people carry it in their overcrowded bag and something or other ends up pressing against it and there you have it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
toshiyap
toshiyap began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I will just learn from my mistake. Lol.
toshiyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiyap View Post
I will just learn from my mistake. Lol.
Don't you have insurance for your inventory? That might cover this kind of damage (but it just as easily might not...).
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Sorry to hear that your experience with trying to use osmosis on an electronic device wasn't sucessful ,maybe you have to go oldschool and stick with actual books .
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
If you paid for your device with a credit card see if you are covered. My credit card automatically adds insurance. Might be worth a look.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I'm not sure that the guarantee covers accidental damage but it's certainly worth a try. It's a real pity to have damaged it like that but it can happen. The usual stupid way to damage a reader is when people carry it in their overcrowded bag and something or other ends up pressing against it and there you have it.
i THINK THE EXTENDED WARRANTY DOES COVER FOR THAT.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote