Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Vivek982
Vivek982 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony READER PRS T1
Rooted prs t1 Password Locked-Unable to access!!!

I had rooted my PRS T1, everything was working smooth,till i set a password screen lock in the android settings.Initially i did a pattern lock,worked fine, then changed to password lock.It asked for a password i entered a five digit password, confirmed it,and locked.Now it asks for a 4 digit "PIN"...Does not accept the password i entered...Cannot access the home menu...stuck at the "enter 4 digit pin" screen.Reset button is of no help here...

unable to connect the device to computer,as i cannot select the usb mode...

Need Help to Restore the device....

What can be done now?

Last edited by Vivek982; 06-10-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Vivek982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I don't see any alternative to a hard reset...

Hard reset:
Beware, Sony warns: There is a risk of data loss. After doing a hard reset, you will need to restore your content. Your purchased books can be restored from your account at the Reader store. You should only do a hard reset if necessary and as the last step for troubleshooting. After you do a hard reset, your Reader device will need to be authorized again from your Reader store account. Power off (press powerbutton 3 seconds and choose yes) and back on. While the ereader starts it shows "opening book", at that moment press -and hold- the buttons next page and back (button 2 and 4). Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then, while you still pressed the next page and back button... release the back button, press the back button, release the back button (while still pressing the next page button), and at last, release the next page button. Then the screen shows: Would you like to execute Factory Initialize? Then choose "yes". Now turn your device off (by holding the powerbutton pressed for three seconds), and answer yes, and when its off, turn it back on.

The site below has diagrams and a description of the process. Unfortunately although the explanation is in English, the diagram labels are in Russian but the pics remain very helpful...

http://t1-reader.ru/en/reference/reset.html

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Vivek982

Thank you:)

Thank you Chantal

That was life saving,i thought i bricked my device and will never get it back,Was scared of losing it.

It worked!Now back to square one really gland to see the home screen

Thank you
Old 06-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Vivek982

After the hard reset,the key board is not installed.Cannot re-root!Any solution for this?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delete!

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek982 View Post
After the hard reset,the key board is not installed.Cannot re-root!Any solution for this?
Not too many people on here today! I hope someone else can answer, my T1 is not rooted so can't help! Only thought I have is that you should reload the firmware?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
Vivek982

Problem Solved!

Thank You
I could not update the firmware or re-root it.
Finally figured it out that after formatting the drive "READER" 1.4GB,rooting was possible like normal.But lost the default keyboard.now using the rooted keyboard