Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Pocket Pro Bookmarks for PDF and EPUB

Greetings,

The journey (of discovering the many wonders of the EZReader Pocket Pro) continues.

There appear be two "classes" or "types" of bookmarks on the Pocket Pro. The first type is the one described in the User Manual, and applies to TXT, DJVU, CHM, HTML, FB2, PDB, LIT, and DOC file types. The second type applies to PDF and EPUB files.

While both types of bookmarks may be assigned with a quick press of the "6" on the desired page, as described in the FAQ, and both types may be accessed by the bookmark list that comes up with a sustained press of the "6," their similarities end there.

With TXT, DJVU, CHM, HTML, FB2, PDB, LIT, and DOC you can place a maximum of 5 bookmarks. These can be added and removed by pressing the number key corresponding to the bookmark when on the bookmarked page. In all cases, except for FB2 files, 1-5 bookmark icons will appear in the status line of any eBooks among the file types listed. They can also be seen in FB2 files by pressing the OK/Menu key. So removing a bookmark is easy. If I want to remove Bookmark #1, just press "1" - if you're already on the screen to which it was assigned (as opposed to logical "page" as determined by the document format), the bookmark will be removed. Otherwise, you will be taken to the location of the bookmark, and a second press of the number will remove it.

However, bookmarks for PDF and EPUB behave very differently. They can only be set by pressing the "6" button, and continue to be added, in sequence with each successive press. I'm sure there is some upward limit to how many bookmarks can be set this way; I set over 80 in both file types, with no indication that I couldn't set more if I wanted to. The only way to access a bookmark in this class is to go to the bookmark list using the sustained press on the "6".

Now--here's my question: Is there a way to delete bookmarks from PDF and EPUB files?

I know that moving such a book to a different folder will make all the bookmarks, font, and orientation settings disappear. But curiously, deleting such a book, shutting down and restarting the reader, and then putting the same book back in its previous location will not clear the bookmarks.

I await your insightful comments.

Cheers!

Last edited by Xochipilli2012; 03-08-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Ego and Clarity
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xochipilli2012 View Post

Now--here's my question: Is there a way to delete bookmarks from PDF and EPUB files?

I know that moving such a book to a different folder will make all the bookmarks, font, and orientation settings disappear. But curiously, deleting such a book, shutting down and restarting the reader, and then putting the same book back in its previous location will not clear the bookmarks.

I await your insightful comments.

Cheers!
Hi! I've not tried using bookmarks for PDF's, but I have used them for epubs. If you press the '6', as you found, that sets the bookmark. Then if you press and hold '6', that takes you to the screen that shows you your bookmarks. From what you've written, it looks like you've got all that figured out. So when you're in the bookmark screen, you can either do a short press of the number that corresponds with the bookmark you want to go to, or do a long press, and it deletes the bookmark. Like, if you want to delete bookmark #4, hold down the #4, and after a few seconds the bookmark disappears.

Hopefully that helps!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Talking Davimee has the solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
So when you're in the bookmark screen, you can either do a short press of the number that corresponds with the bookmark you want to go to, or do a long press, and it deletes the bookmark. Like, if you want to delete bookmark #4, hold down the #4, and after a few seconds the bookmark disappears.

Hopefully that helps!
Yo Davimee!

You iz a jeanyuss!

Yeah--that did the trick. It works with both PDFs and EPUBs, which I would expect. It doesn't work for the other formats, as far as I can tell. They need to be deleted in the manner I described above.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers...
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
You're very welcome!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote