Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
PhysicsTeacher
PhysicsTeacher began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Large type (Mobi/CyBook)?

I recently purchased a CyBook for my mother, who has macular degeneration and requires about 48 point type to read comfortably.

The UBook reader supports large type, up to 64 points, but it does not support digital rights management.

The Mobi reader does support DRM, but I can't figure out any way to change its built-in font sizes, which seem to max out at around 16 or 18 points.

Am I overlooking something here?

Bob
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
No, you are right. Mobipocket's Mobireader only supports a few font size ranges with the built-in fonts. You may want to check this page where it is explained how you can install other fonts. Perhaps there is one that comes in a larger size.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
PhysicsTeacher
PhysicsTeacher began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
I can install other fonts, simply by copying them to C:\Windows\Fonts, but MobiReader insists on using the same font sizes regardless of the font family that is selected. I need to be to able to specify larger font sizes; selecting the "Largest" for Font size yields a font that is way too small for my purposes.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
bookeen_lp
bookeen_lp began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Bob,

Please see my answer here...
bookeen_lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Laurens, thank for the answer and your help to solve the font problem. I am going to post it to the front page to let everyone know!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert