Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #106
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Ecstatic to see Aidan Moher's blog "A Dribble of Ink" win for best fanzine this year. Been "chatting" with him on his blog (and another forum) for years. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Great to see some bloggers finally break into a category that was being dominated by the same three (or so) "traditionally" published fanzines year after year after year after blahty-blah year.

Didn't much care about the rest. Way I figure ... popularity is already its own (re|a)ward. No need to double down on it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #107
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this the T.H. White book? I read it not so long ago, and was not terribly impressed by it. Very disappointed by the whole series, in fact. I bought the omnibus edition, struggled through "The Sword in the Stone" and "The Queen of Air and Darkness", and gave up at that point.
I surprised myself by liking the book and rating it 4/5. Not my style at all. I really liked Lancelot though.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #108
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I honestly don't see how it could be considered SF. It's set in the current day, and is a plausible accident scenario involving no fantastic elements. I don't really see where "SF" would come into it.
That makes a lot of sense. The movie disappointed me, but I half expected that. I prefer books over movies by far.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote