Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #421
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Netflix had subtitles on a lot of their stuff. So does Hulu+ there is no CC though. Amazon is just starting to add it.

I only watch TV with subtitles or CC. I'm not hard of hearing but I find I comprehend more that way.

It helps when you can't turn the sound up too. Now we have headphones I can enjoy my shows better and tune out my noisy neighbor's base thumping through the wall or my drunk partying backwoods neighbor obnoxious laughs and loud month.
That's good to know about Amazon. Do they have a link of the titles available with CC/subtitles.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #422
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
That's good to know about Amazon. Do they have a link of the titles available with CC/subtitles.

Carol
Yes they do. Try this link.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #423
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes they do. Try this link.
Did you do a search? If so, what did you punch in for the search?
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #424
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you do a search? If so, what did you punch in for the search?
On the left side there is box to check to filter by subtitles and CC.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #425
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
On the left side there is box to check to filter by subtitles and CC.
Thanks. Looks like none for their prime instant video.
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #426
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks. Looks like none for their prime instant video.
I found some for Prime. You got to browse by Genre and then filter it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #427
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Amazon lightning deal: The 5th gen iPod touch was 245 darn it! All sold out already.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #428
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I went out this evening and picked up my purple clip zip and a 32GB mico card.

The only one there was one with the adapter; SanDisk Ultra microSDHC class 10 (UHS speed class 1). I read through the reviews on Amazon and now I want to be sure that this will work before I open it. It says it comes with Android app - SanDisk Memory Zone.

Do I have to do anything to it before using it in my clip zip? My camera ones I just put in the camera or computer and it works.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #429
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Best Buy is still selling them online:
  • iPod touch 32GB (5th Gen) --- $295 + free $50 GC = $245
  • iPod touch 16GB (4th Gen) --- $195 + free $50 GC = $145
  • iPod nano 16GB (7th Gen) --- $145 + free $20 GC = $125
Thanks I got mine from Apple for $268. I avoid Best Buy like the plague so would have no use whatsoever for the GC.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #430
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Hey! I shop at Wally World all the time!! I think I'm offended!
Actually, for grocery staples they have the cheapest prices in town. We have Wally World or high end grocery stores. Let's face it, Kraft Mac and Cheese is the same no matter where I buy it. Wally World it is! Our closest Costco is about an hour away, by the way, and our Target grocery is expensive!
But I don't think you could pay me enough to go there today!!! Or this whole weekend for that matter!
S
Actually, there are "walmart" versions of many brands, especially in clothing (White Stag at wallie world isn't what you get at up-scale mall anchors, for example). I wouldn't be surprised if there were not similar changes in the food brands they carry.

You can guarantee, here, that produce at W is of lower quality than say Kroger or Ingles or Food City. Aldi's and Dollar General Market are probably lower yet (but people still buy there, thinking they are saving money).

I'd never go there on Black Friday (not even for gas, as the crowds are crazy and I doubt many of them drive well when sleep deprived). It seems that at least one person is killed by the crowds and many injured, every year.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #431
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Actually, there are "walmart" versions of many brands, especially in clothing (White Stag at wallie world isn't what you get at up-scale mall anchors, for example). I wouldn't be surprised if there were not similar changes in the food brands they carry.

You can guarantee, here, that produce at W is of lower quality than say Kroger or Ingles or Food City. Aldi's and Dollar General Market are probably lower yet (but people still buy there, thinking they are saving money).

I'd never go there on Black Friday (not even for gas, as the crowds are crazy and I doubt many of them drive well when sleep deprived). It seems that at least one person is killed by the crowds and many injured, every year.
I agree Walmart's produce isn't the best. I was there last weekend and had to skip the Bananas I use to help my Reflux. I prefer Ingles if they were open still 24 hours but they stop that after a worker got Killed in Atlanta. Ingles has more Organic products and specialties foods and I wont buy Walmart's meat either. I get that at Ingles on the weekend but everything else is okay from Walmart.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #432
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Walmart also injects carbon monoxide into it's packages of beef. This keeps the meat from turning brown.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #433
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I looked hard at the SGP but decided to pick up a Wii instead. Fairly fun way to exercise and I have several exercise "games" that I need to dust off and start using regularly now that winter is setting in. It's currently 37º F (3º C) with a brisk breeze.

I did pick up the Sansa Clip dsin orange and a 32MB MSDC card for good prices from Amazon.

Re Wally World, I stay away from the meats and produce as I have a Wegman's closer with the best produce and meats that I've seen in a large chain. Plus, the prices are comparable when you consider the huge quality difference. If you have a Sam's Club, their quality in almost all items is superior to Wal-Mart even though both are owned by the same company.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #434
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Bananas I use to help my Reflux.
Do Bananas help with Acid Reflux?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #435
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
If you have a Sam's Club, their quality in almost all items is superior to Wal-Mart even though both are owned by the same company.
Agreed. Our Sam's club has excellent meat and produce.