Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
aschiller
aschiller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ebook-convert and Kindle guid problem

Hello everybody,

I am having problems compiling the Table of contents for Calibre news' recipes such as spiegel.de and bbc news.

If I compile the corresponding .mobi files in Calibre and send them to my Kindle everything works fine and the TOCs are displayed properly. However, if I use the command line tool ebook-convert to compile the mobi there isn't a TOC displayed at all. Is anybody else having similar problems and know how to fix this?

In particular I used the command:
ebook-convert spiegel.mobi spiegel-news.mobi --output-profile kindle

and also tried the modified version:
ebook-convert spiegel.mobi spiegel-news.mobi --output-profile kindle --level1-toc "//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\s+)|((prolog|prol ogue|epilogue)(\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']"

Thank you very much in advance

Andre
aschiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot generate a news file by converting another news file. You need to pass the recipe to ebook-convert. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-linux-server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert