Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast
nitrocuadam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle 3 3G dictionary lookup on wikipedia

Hello people

I would like to buy Kindle 3 3G to be able to read wikipedia articles as well. But my question is: is it possible to use dictionary on wikipedia pages? Can I read wikipedia and check the words that I am not familiar with at the same time?

Thank you very much
nitrocuadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Not so far as I can tell. There's no cursor to move between words like there is in a normal document, so you can't select items to look up.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
As carl said, no, not within the browser.

I have ereadups and instapaper email wiki pages I like a lot straight to my Kindle as mobi files.

If you do that, then the dictionary and all other highlighting/notes/dictionary look-ups work fine.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote