Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #106
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
I couldn't find a way to change controls; I have set the controls in the options menu of the PB302. Both AdobeViewer and fbreader180 use those settings. Coolreader does not (yet?). Perhaps this is not a big deal, but sometimes I jump 10 pages instead of 1 . That can be confusing.
You have to edit keymaps.ini to change the keys. If you didn't change anything, the left keys jump 10 pages and the right keys 1 page (or 5 pages with long press)
(And I won't make any promises what might be supported in future versions )

Quote:
Also I'd like to be able to use a dictionary, I saw in the keymaps.ini that there is some reference to MCMD_DICT, but I'm too less of a programmer to put it to use . I've set one of the buttons to open a dictionary, but Coolreader overrules this.
CoolReader has an extra dictionary, but I didn't port it to Pocketbook so far, so it won't work.

Quote:
Is it possible to use the power button as set in the overall menu?
Power off with long press should work. Everything else does not. Especially locking is high on my todo list, but I don't know when I will find the time for coding...
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #107
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
Hi reader42,

The Coolreader beta2 is already quite usable, it's just missing some integration with the PB302. I can easily understand that further integration would take more time.

That is probably what Pocketbook had to do with AdobeViewer and fbreader, to ensure the user can use the general settings and dictionaries. At this moment the AdobeViewer is just a bit more convenient to use. Options like booting with the last page read are very user friendly.

My comments are not intended to ask for more , just trying to point out some user aspects that I ran into. I wouldn't dare claim your time for a request. I'm really happy that you are making such an effort to port the reader and I am very interested in any further improvements. I actually use Coolreader for some of my books and will happily try any new versions.

Thanks,

Joepie
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #108
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
Another version:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...B0IgdjZpVmIqyg

But, may be, should be interenting to visit the topic:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mTH3N1drmsTZGQ

because there are some bugs.
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #109
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
The new 0.0.4 version is really nice, and faster. Now the dictionary function is working, and it uses the same dictionaries of FBReader! Just be sure to substitue the default skin's contents (located in folder:system\share\cr3\skin) with the ones in this link:

http://narod.ru/disk/10402329001/cr3-pb-skin4.zip.html

I think I'm going to make CoolReader as my PB360's default reader, since it has better formatting than FBReader. Thanks!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #110
o0-0o
Enthusiast
o0-0o doesn't littero0-0o doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 301+
This is my keymap.ini for PB 301+. It works well so far for the 0.0.4 version of CoolReader. The one for PB360 has such keys like KEY_PREV, KEY_PREV1, KEY_NEXT, KEY_NEXT2. I believe there is no such keys on PB 301+. Therefore I replaced them with other keys. Correct me if I am wrong.
I also had tried to map the keys for links but it is not very successful so I did not include them here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keymaps.zip (1.0 KB, 181 views)
o0-0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 05:09 AM   #111
darknessEC
Enthusiast

The new version doesn't works on my PB903. I don't know the reason. I have tried a lot of possibilities in order to try it but with no results. I can read the FB2 format, but not epub.

Can anybody help me? I don't know what can I do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #112
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about previous version, did it work for you? What’s happening when you open an epub file?

Last edited by pkbo; 04-18-2011 at 06:09 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #113
darknessEC
Enthusiast

The previous version is OK, without problem.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #114
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you are trying to open epub file the program just doesn't start or something else? Can you obtain the log?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #115
darknessEC
Enthusiast

When I try to open an epub the clock appears and after a moment, ten seconds (more or less), it returns to library. The file crlog are with no changes.

The progran runs OK in the previous version (0.0.3) with both formats (at least, it can open there and I can read the books).

I have tryied to put the program file (cr3-pb.app) alone without results; the program and the other files into the share folder without results; the program, the share files and the new skin without results. After that, a new begining cleaning all versions of cr3 and fbreader180 (and the register), and the extensions.cfg by default, and trying it again. The results are the same.

With the FB2 files are wondelful, but I can do nothing with the epub books (at least, I don't know waht more to do).

Thanks!

PS.: The device has the firmware version 2.0.6

Last edited by darknessEC; 04-18-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: add the PS
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #116
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
On my PB360 the 0.0.4 version works very well, except for changing fonts. It keeps going back to a previously selected font even though I change to a new one in the settings. The new font's name even shows up in the cr3.ini file. Sometimes it even uses the italic of a totally different font.

Also the dictionary could use a smaller and thinner font size, and get rid of those strange question marks. Other than that it works fine.

Last edited by sein; 04-18-2011 at 08:14 AM.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #117
pkbo
Addict

The zip archive with 0.4 version contains crlog.ini file it instructs the program to write log file to a SD card into system/share/cr3/crengine.log file.

Do you have SD card inserted? If you do have please search "crengine.log" file on it. If you don't you will need to modify crlog.ini file by replacing "ext2" with "ext1" in the line with "crengine.log.filename" to instruct the coolreader to write log into the internal memory. Or you may just wait I will try to investigate the problem and if it is not some specific with your files I will fix it in the nearest future.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #118
darknessEC
Enthusiast

I'm going to try it and after that I will write the result here. I have put the program into the device, not in the SD cart.

Thanks again.

PS. I have changed this line into the file crlog:

crengine.log.filename=/mnt/ext2/system/share/cr3/crengine.log

with this:

crengine.log.filename=/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/crengine.log

The result is the same, but a new file has been created (crengine.log). The content of this file is:

2011/04/18 14:59:01.2398 WARN Changing log level from 3 to 5
2011/04/18 14:59:01.2408 TRACE Log initialization done.
2011/04/18 14:59:01.2816 TRACE language=es

(I don't know if this can be interesting for you).

The content of crlog.ini is:

crengine.log.filename=/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/crengine.log
crengine.log.autoflush=true
crengine.log.level=TRACE

Do you need more information?

PSS. I have discovered that a new folder has been created into the SD card with the file crengine.log (the content is the same) and another folder named .cache.

Last edited by darknessEC; 04-18-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: add information.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #119
darknessEC
Enthusiast

Another news:

I have discovered I can read the epub files only if these are into de SD card, but not if they are into the memory device.

Is it normal?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #120
darknessEC
Enthusiast

By the way:

I put here a file with three images of the same book: the first is taken with Adobe (ADE) as reader, the second with CoolReader (0.0.4) and the third with FBReader (no 180):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P9MEU0N5

I understand that this is not the moment for to do suggestions, but if it is possible ...

Another suggestion: The footnotes in the epub files, could they read in the same way as the FB2 footnotes, ie, at the botton of the pages.

Sorry for disturbing you so many times and