Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
FuzzyGamer
FuzzyGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Data loss

Normally I don't have a memory card in my Reader, I do everything with built-in memory. Yesterday night I found something interesting online and decided to put it on a memory card and read it on the Reader. No problems there, until I just took out the Reader and noticed that all my data about in-memory books is gone: all bookmarks, histories, progress, etc. Has anyone seen this problem before?

I'm not sure if this is related, but is there a "safe" way to insert/remove the memory card?
FuzzyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The best thing we've come up with is to remove/insert it with the Reader turned on, that seems to be the least likely to cause problems.

Did it reset when you re-inserted the card? I had it reset on me once (before the firmware upgrade) and it reverted everything back to the point at which I had last connected to the ConnSoft....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
I've found that my safest way is to go all the way back to the main menu and then remove it. Otherwise, the reader will be having troubles. When the reader is turned off when you remove it, it'll be confused when it's trying to search for the card..
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
FuzzyGamer
FuzzyGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks, that did the trick. I just tried a little experiment: bookmarked a page in a book, went to the very top menu, ejected the card while the Reader was on, added content to the card ('Moby Dick'), inserted it... and everything was still there! The bookmark remained in place and the book was listed in 'Continue Reading'.

While this makes sense, on some level, I wish the Sony folks were more explicit about this little 'feature'.
FuzzyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
make sure you leave a litle bit of space left on the card for this info, otherwise you'd still lose data.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert