Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
strawhatbrat
strawhatbrat began at the beginning.

Device: nook and kindle
Sewing pattern for e-readers!

I hope this is ok, I read the guidelines, and I promise I will only post once so this won't count as ubiquitous? I promise, I'm not a spammer!

I offer sewing patterns for e-readers on xxxx, and really wanted to share here as it's almost Christmas and these would make really nice Christmas gifts for the e-reader lovers in our lives. (And for ourselves!!)

[Inappropriate selling.]

People have really loved my patterns so far and I am working on adding to the patterns so that they work for even more e-readers.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-04-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Nice looking cover!
If i wasnt good at patternmaking I would be all over that
GL!
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm not good at patternmaking, and I'm all over that. One question: Everything seems to be duplicated. I'm seeing two of everything. How many patterns am I actually looking at?

(also, we Sony owners should have our own pattern!)
Old 11-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
strawhatbrat

Oh, I list 2 of each pattern each time.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I've bought some of the patterns through another board... They look really good, and I hope I'll soon get another sewing machine... I lent mine to one of my kids, and never saw it again... Same with my lawnmower...
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I've bought some of the patterns through another board... They look really good, and I hope I'll soon get another sewing machine... I lent mine to one of my kids, and never saw it again... Same with my lawnmower...
yeah, well, I have a sewing maching, but in our move I have no idea where the electric cord/pedal is. Same for the serger. You wouldn't believe what all is stored and can't be found now.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
yeah, well, I have a sewing maching, but in our move I have no idea where the electric cord/pedal is. Same for the serger. You wouldn't believe what all is stored and can't be found now.
My ex-husband would have put all electrical cords in the same box...
Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Thanks, I have been looking for something like this for awhile. I am buying all three!

Ellen
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Hah! That's how I got one of my machines, I stole it from my Mom!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhatbrat View Post
Oh, I list 2 of each pattern each time.
Okay, now I'm totally confused. I guess if I order the first one of the two that look like what I want, it'll be the proper one.

If everything works right, these will be the linings to some tooled leather cases, which will go on Etsy themselves (I'll also be doing book-style ones). If you hear about a strange person being arrested in a Border's for measuring all the ebook readers ... yeah, that'll probably be me. There weren't nearly as many styles of the things when I first had the idea.

As for sewing machines ... well, um, my mother wants hers back, and it's in a storage rental in another state. Seriously, are we leaving a world of sewing-machineless mothers here?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #11
strawhatbrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Okay, now I'm totally confused. I guess if I order the first one of the two that look like what I want, it'll be the proper one.

If everything works right, these will be the linings to some tooled leather cases, which will go on Etsy themselves (I'll also be doing book-style ones). If you hear about a strange person being arrested in a Border's for measuring all the ebook readers ... yeah, that'll probably be me. There weren't nearly as many styles of the things when I first had the idea.

As for sewing machines ... well, um, my mother wants hers back, and it's in a storage rental in another state. Seriously, are we leaving a world of sewing-machineless mothers here?

Haha! That was me, too. I went into best buy and tried their ipad in the cover and the sleeve. They looked at me funny!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
I bought this one from you on xxxx. I'm modifying it right now for the PRS-600 & the PRS-650. I'm removing the top Right corner & replacing it with an elastic strap, to make it easier to remove the stylus. I'll post pictures when they are done.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-04-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Closed Thread