Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
cartesio
cartesio began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Question for news in Kindle 2

Many thanks for the program, I have used it for a week and it is just great. I mostly use it to fetch news and send them to my kindle 2. The new version 0.6 does it wonderfully. Just one question:

Is there an (easy) way to get the title of the periodicals in my kindle as, for example, "The Economist" instead of "The Economist [Sat, Jul 25, 2009]"? I believe that this would have two advantages: (1) Cleaner presentations, as the day of the periodical already shows in the second column of my kindle; and (2) It would allow to send old versions of the periodical automatically to the "Back Issues folder" whenever I upload a new version. As of now, the two versions remain in the main home page.

Thanks a lot again.
cartesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can create a custom recipe base don the builtin one and just set

timefmt = ''
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
cartesio
cartesio began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Thanks, now it works perfectly!
cartesio is offline   Reply With Quote