Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Exclamation Too much battery drain after rooting - solved!

Just a note to all rooters: in case your battery drains too fast after rooting, try the following:

1.) Connect charger
2.) Use Root Explorer to delete /data/system/batterystats.bin
3.) Power of and let the unit charge over night

From now on, the battery will be re-calibrated... may take 2 or 3 charge cycles...

In general it is better to flash the T1 with a fully charged battery only.

Also, there is an app that automatically shuts down unwanted processes when switching to stand by: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...d-Task-Manager

...may help conserving battery because some apps are able to wake up the device and so some stuff (check for updates, etc.)
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Can't download the app. Could you please send me the apk? Thanks.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

Please also help to update the wiki.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

Please also help to update the wiki.
The link in the Wiki to the advanced task manager doesn't work
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #5
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
The link in the Wiki to the advanced task manager doesn't work
The link is working for me.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
NatP
NatP began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
I followed the steps but charged it in my computer for the night. Now I switched it back on and it says low battery.
Maybe my computer didn't charge it.
Do you think it's okay that I turned it on? Have I damaged anything?

I am thinking of charging it with the wall charger overnight and only then switch it back on. Do you think it will solve the problem?
Or should I undo the root, fully charge it and then root again and delete the battery file?
NatP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

double post won't help!

continue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=9
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatP View Post
I followed the steps but charged it in my computer for the night. Now I switched it back on and it says low battery.
If you left it connected to your computer overnight and the computer went to sleep or enter hibernate it is possible that your battery will drain.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Maybe the root image and/or rescue image contain data of a not fully charged battery? Who knows in what state the Reader has been when the developer backed up the system? Even worse, if that's true, you can't re-initialize the rescue image's battery data because you don't have android access.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
Maybe the root image and/or rescue image contain data of a not fully charged battery?
The root set is not based on a disk image (mostly just some files that are added), but the restore set is, so indeed there could be a problem there. Probably best if that battery file were just removed from it. Simple enough if you have a working Linux system, otherwise a bit more difficult.
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
uboot
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhialtoFalu View Post
Simple enough if you have a working Linux system, otherwise a bit more difficult.
Hav you ever tried http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.virtualbox.org/ ?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
I think that I looked at the first, so that I could replicate what it did from NetBSD (which is my preferred OS).
The second, I sometimes use that for testing.
But I do have a dual boot including Linux on my laptop, so I have a Xubuntu on hand when I need it.
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Is it better to charge the battery before deleting batterystats.bin?
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
"Also, there is an app that automatically shuts down unwanted processes when switching to stand by:"

The link above works - but the app is not there to download.

Are we still advised to install it, or something similar?

I ask as I have recently rooted and feel unsure about my battery drain.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #15
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
An update to say I did the bin removal action yesterday.

Today I am still seeing 100% after an overnight rest. Previously I never saw more than 95%. The work round seems to have worked.

However, I'd still like to run that apk to kill unwanted processes if anyone can find it, please.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote