Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Pico Life at Officeworks in Australia?

Has anyone seen this brand before? Apparently it is eInk.

Pico Life at Officeworks
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
yes - the top two models are eInk. They look ok, if a bit basic. The screens look good though.

I bought the cheap Dash - with an LCD screen. Probably the cheapest ebook reader in the world! Only $129. Works well too - but only works inside - useless anywhere near outdoors.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I reviewed the OEM version of the 6001:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...6001-e-reader/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the review Nate A friend noticed it in a catalogue. I will refer him to your review for further information. Cheers
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Chris Gray
Chris Gray began at the beginning.

Device: none
Since the 6001 is already covered I thought I'd shed some light on the W960: I bought one a few weeks back and returned it five days later. I've blogged about the experience so people can get a better idea of what the reader is like.

I really liked the look and feel of it, but the software and awful battery life ruined it, amongst other things.
Chris Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
greenplanet
greenplanet began at the beginning.

Device: pico
Hi,

Don't touch Pico Life W960. I have bad experience with it ! first unit stoped working after 3 weeks(the screen freezed, and unit not reboot even the reset button pressed). I Got replacement and found it's not 8 grey scale as printed in the box...

Also the touch buttons too sensitive !!! menu pop up easily by any accidental touch...
greenplanet is offline   Reply With Quote