Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #586
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Following Philantrops inspired solution I tried:

$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "Safari";

and the familiar COPS screen appeared!

Still some other problems with this really outdated version of Safari (OSX 10.4.11), but no more grey screens!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #587
fastrack20
fastrack20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I am trying to get the kepubs to download properly on my Kobo Glo. I can get epubs to work fine but when I enable URL rewriting I get 404s when my kobo browser attempts to pull the kepub. I am fairly certain that the URL rewrite in my NGINX config is whats causing the issue; however, I am having difficulties understanding the regular expression that it uses to perform the rewrite. Can someone explain this to me?

rewrite ^/download/(\d+)/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$ /fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=$3 last;
rewrite ^/download/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$ /fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2 last;

Thanks,
fastrack20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #588
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Hi, I skimmed and searched this thread but I am still not sure if COPS includes the Calibre's feature of fetching news automatically and sending them b e-mail. I think COPS cannot do this, but mabe I am mistaken?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #589
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@sup

COPS can't do that .

@fastrack20

To be sure to help you correctly, I'll need to know how COPS is installed : is it a subdomain ? or in a new directory ?

Could you give a typical url you're using (you can obfuscate the domain / ip of course).
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #590
awj
awj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Further Customisations

Is there any way to customise the main menu options?

For example, I'd prefer to remove the browse-by-tag, browse-by-language and recent-books options on the start screen, leaving only the Author and Books options.

Furthermore, when browsing the books, I'd happily remove the clutter of the tags. I personally don't tag items in my own ebook library so that stuff is, for me, superfluous.

Can these easily be removed, or would this involve opening the PHP files and getting my hands dirty?
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #591
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
Is there any way to customise the main menu options?

For example, I'd prefer to remove the browse-by-tag, browse-by-language and recent-books options on the start screen, leaving only the Author and Books options.

Furthermore, when browsing the books, I'd happily remove the clutter of the tags. I personally don't tag items in my own ebook library so that stuff is, for me, superfluous.

Can these easily be removed, or would this involve opening the PHP files and getting my hands dirty?
It's not possible to customize the main menu option.

But I have a compromise : if you remove all tags in Calibre then nothing about tags will be displayed in COPS.

I may add a test to remove the recent book entry if you set $config['cops_recentbooks_limit'] = 0.

Last edited by vlad59; 09-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #592
neodago
neodago began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Sony PRS-T1
help with COPS on Nas4Free

OK, COPS now works ok if I access from a PC or a android device: I can browse the books and download them into the PC/device.
But it doesn't work from a kobo device: I can browse the books, but when I push the "epub" button nothing happens. I know that I must enable the "Url Rewriting" and so I did, but now, when I press the "epub" button, the browser returns me a "404 - Not Found" error.
Can anyone help me setting this thing?
neodago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #593
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodago View Post
OK, COPS now works ok if I access from a PC or a android device: I can browse the books and download them into the PC/device.
But it doesn't work from a kobo device: I can browse the books, but when I push the "epub" button nothing happens. I know that I must enable the "Url Rewriting" and so I did, but now, when I press the "epub" button, the browser returns me a "404 - Not Found" error.
Can anyone help me setting this thing?
IIRC Nas4free is using Lighttpd so COPS's .htaccess will not work with it. I guess you'll have to install the URL rewriting rules manually but I can't help you more (don't know nas4free and don't know lighttpd).

Please post here when you find a solution.

Last edited by vlad59; 09-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #594
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Nope, git HEAD doesn't fix it (at the time of writing) but that commit gave me the solution anyway:

$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "Kindle|EBRD1101|EBRD1201|cybook|TOLINO";

Thanks for the inspiration! :-)
Hi,

Could you please test current Github version (without modifying $config['cops_server_side_render']), It may fix your issue.

At least I could not reproduce it with an Android emulator.

@Goner, Glimm or any other user of Kindle, Sony Prs-TX, Cybook, ...

Could you please also try current Github version with the following modification in config_default.php :

Replace
$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "Kindle|EBRD1101|EBRD1201|cybook";

By

$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "ZZZZZZZZZZZ";

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #595
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Could you please also try current Github version with the following modification in config_default.php :

Replace
$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "Kindle|EBRD1101|EBRD1201|cybook";

By

$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "ZZZZZZZZZZZ";
With the "ZZZZZZZZZZZ"-config I have an empty page again.
The original file without replacing works.
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #596
neodago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
IIRC Nas4free is using Lighttpd so COPS's .htaccess will not work with it. I guess you'll have to install the URL rewriting rules manually but I can't help you more (don't know nas4free and don't know lighttpd).

Please post here when you find a solution.
OK, I found the solution, now it works well on kobo, sony prs-t1, android and web.
On Nas4Free you have to manually enter the url-rewriting rules from the webserver tab of the web gui.
there is a "Auxiliary parameters" texbox in witch you have to enter this string:

url.rewrite-once = ("/cops/download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$" => "/cops/fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2", "^/cops/download/(\d+)/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$" => "/cops/fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=$3")

This info can be added in the wiki page helping others having problems with Nas4Free.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #597
neodago

Now I have others questions about translations and the search function.

1) My language is Italian, but in the main menù I see the Language option in english: "Languages Alphabetical index of the 2 languages", others options are in italian as they should be. (on Google Chrome all is in english anyway...)
When I perform a search, the title of the page is always in english: "SEARCH RESULT FOR *<string>*", is there a way to translate this?

2) The search function is not working very well. Suppose I have a lot of series in my database and I want to search for a specific one, for example "Darkover".
I have to select the "series menù" and scroll till I find Darkover (or whatever I'm looking for) and select it for opening the list of the books I want. This process is too long and not so user friendly if I have a lot of series to scroll on a e-ink display. I can't search for a serie from the main menù becuase the search is performed on the title/author of the book only so a lot of books are not found by this search. The option for search by books, authors, series and pubblication year is not visible in the main menù, but only when a list of books is already showing (and it doesn't work either). Can you fix this?
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #598
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodago View Post
Now I have others questions about translations

1) My language is Italian, but in the main menù I see the Language option in english: "Languages Alphabetical index of the 2 languages", others options are in italian as they should be. (on Google Chrome all is in english anyway...)
When I perform a search, the title of the page is always in english: "SEARCH RESULT FOR *<string>*", is there a way to translate this?
As far as I can see this happens not only in Italian but also in the other languages (except English).

Check the directory /lang in COPS. In this directory are the language files. Most of the language files are an "incomplete" translation of the file localization_en.json.

If you make a more complete translation in the file localization_it.json your problems will go away

If you do, please send a copy to vlad59 so that he can incorporate it in COPS.

I might have to do this for the file localization_nl.json (Dutch) now that I tried to answer part of your post.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #599
neodago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
As far as I can see this happens not only in Italian but also in the other languages (except English).

Check the directory /lang in COPS. In this directory are the language files. Most of the language files are an "incomplete" translation of the file localization_en.json.

If you make a more complete translation in the file localization_it.json your problems will go away

If you do, please send a copy to vlad59 so that he can incorporate it in COPS.

I might have to do this for the file localization_nl.json (Dutch) now that I tried to answer part of your post.
Thank you for your answer, I will try to complete the italian translation file and send it to vlad59.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #600
vlad59
Addict

@Glimm

Thanks for your test I had little hope but I had to try

@neodago

I've updated the wiki about rewriting rules for COPS / Nas4free

About the search, for now it search only in author name and book title (no tags or series). I'll enhance it in the next version of COPS (I've received two PR on Github and didn't take the time to handle them for now).

Quote:
The option for search by books, authors, series and pubblication year is not visible in the main menù, but only when a list of books is already showing (and it doesn't work either). Can you fix this?
It's not a search, it just allow to sort the books by the criteria defined in the drop down list.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology