Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
joyoner
joyoner began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
how to set up Wi-Fi router for kindle

I have read the Wi-Fi Router Issues on azamon help. k3 could found the Wi-Fi router but cant connect it.
I tried a whole night to fix it, but it still not work.

my router settings:
no encryption
enable MAC address filtering(k3 mac addr certainly added)
11 bgn mixed mode
enable DHCP
SSID: ChainNet(is there any relationship with the SSID name?)

addtional question:
when I changed the Wi-Fi settings, restart it. Should I do something change on k3(such as restart)?

be greatly appreciated
joyoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
?? how can someone set up a wifi for kindle?? I always thought one set up fits all...
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Wifi router debugging (try one at a time before trying different combinations):

Temporarily Disable MAC address filtering (strictly to rule it out as a problem)
Temporarily set to 'b' mode (no mixed mode)
Change the default wireless channel (try several different channels)

Definitely try restarting the Kindle.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote