Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
Calibre errors on start up

I upgraded to v 2.18 last week and got the folowing errors after adding books. Now the error comes on startup and nothing seems to work.

calibre, version 2.18.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>CorruptError</b>:CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

calibre 2.18 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.13.0-26-generic-i686-with-debian-jessie-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.13.0-26-generic', '#48-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 7 23:30:46 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.9
Linux: ('debian', 'jessie/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Modify ePub && Barnes & Noble && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Goodreads && Find Duplicates && Overdrive Link && EpubMerge && Overdrive Link
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 272, in accept
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/metadata.py", line 236, in commit
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 465, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1254, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1222, in protected_set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1202, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1024, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 513, in set_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 205, in one_one_in_other
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 805, in executemany
File "src/cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed.

Does this mean that my library is corrupted?

Answered my own question, that library was the problem. Another one worked fine. Thank goodness for weekly backups! I'm Happy once again but I would like to know How it Happened

Last edited by Papi47; 02-04-2015 at 07:17 PM. Reason: update
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try going to Library (toolbar icon) ==> Library Maintenance ==> Restore Database, which should rebuild the database from scratch (using the backup metadata.opf's and the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Try going to Library (toolbar icon) ==> Library Maintenance ==> Restore Database, which should rebuild the database from scratch (using the backup metadata.opf's and the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json).
I will bite:
If the Library crashes (above), how do you gt to invoke Repair?

A side question.
If you have multiple Libraries, How can you force a rebuild of a sellected one if you can't switch?

Shouldn't repair ask for the folder, and TRY.
I deleted a (testlib) metadata.db. It would not even allow me to try and repair
If walking the tree finds metadata.opf's (where expected), you probably have a Library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I will bite:

A side question.
If you have multiple Libraries, How can you force a rebuild of a sellected one if you can't switch?

If walking the tree finds metadata.opf's (where expected), you probably have a Library
Ok so here's what happens. It would show the library, but nothing would work. When trying to change libs it wouldn't BUT the next time I opened Calibre it bought up the new lib and everything was fine. It is presently trying to restore the corrupted 1.

The problem seems to be when I clicked ok after downloading metadata for the 6th book. It did this on both the original and the restored lib. In previous versions I could edit any number of metadata with no issues! The problem can happen again and it shouldn't.
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I will bite:

A side question.

Hmm, well this happened to me once (concurrent access over sshfs ) and I think actually the popup offered the option.

The other way is to drop a working metadata.db in there (or delete the current one and recreate a library there, but save the prefs backup! ) to get things working, then use Restore.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert