Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
altesc
Edge User

Loving my Edge

Hi all. I have to say that I am really really happy with my device here. With the new update I think I can now showoff in front of the iphone crowd. ..hehe.

I do have a comment or two though about the new update...

1) the journal button on the reader no longer works properly when I press it. Before I was able to press it and toggle the journal view at anytime, But now i can't unless I first create or open the journal from the tablet side. Anyone else had this?

2) the arrrow keys and the tab button are missing from the slick new keyboard design. It's good to have them there for when your pecking out some text or wanting to do some scrolling around in a text field, without a pen handy this could be a challenge sometimes. My guess is that they should be somewhere in the third layer of the keyboard perhaps wheere that second alt key is.

3)Did I mention how pleased I am? I'll need a cover though...lots of fingerprints

Oh one final thing...did anyone else's edge setoff any alarms when walking into or out of stores? It happened to me twice. My guess is I should turn off the wifi when travelling with it.

Cheers for the sweet device.

Last edited by altesc; 09-16-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Glad to hear you're enjoying the eDGe. There's more to come from enTourage, too

Regarding #1 - this was changed by design. Previously the Switch button only toggled between the Reader and the Journal. Now it cycles between eInk applications that are running. They also changed it so that the Reader and Journal don't actually run until you first need them. That's why if you're reading a book, the Switch button doesn't bring up the Journal anymore. I find pressing the "Journal" button on the LCD side easy enough to do.

Regarding #2 - This was changed with the Coyote release, and I "complained" about it at the time. The answer? use the blue trackball control to move left/right within a text field and up/down between fields.

Regarding #3 - search for "Gelaskins" and "decalgirl" for forum threads on covers.

I haven't been in a store with my eDGe, so I can't speak to your last question.

Advert