Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #406
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Komic v2.2 works on kindle touch 5.3.2 ONLY!
I suggest you to uninstall Komic v2.2 and install v2.1.
If you want to use komic v2.2 you have to update your kindle!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #407
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Never noticed it as I only read the release notes below...

I replaced 2.2 with 2.1, and it actually runs. However it doesn't display any images when I select the file from 'Choose a comic' menu. it displays page number, and I can see the number is changing when I tap left or right of the screen, but the screen below the 'Choose a comic' message and the folder I've selected is completely blank.
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #408
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCross View Post
Never noticed it as I only read the release notes below...

I replaced 2.2 with 2.1, and it actually runs. However it doesn't display any images when I select the file from 'Choose a comic' menu. it displays page number, and I can see the number is changing when I tap left or right of the screen, but the screen below the 'Choose a comic' message and the folder I've selected is completely blank.
As stated in the readme.txt file inside komic_v2.1.zip and in the first post under the "how to use" paragraph:
with Komic v2.1 you still have to rename files to match the name pattern (0,1,2....).
You can rename files on your PC or use the rename script provided in the launcher menu.
When Komic starts, it looks for any folder inside /documents/Gallery containing jpg or png and with the first image named 0!
Images must be jpg or png.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #409
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Wow, my bad. How could I've missed that part? Sorry for the fuss.
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #410
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCross View Post
Wow, my bad. How could I've missed that part? Sorry for the fuss.
No problem!!! Enjoy Komic!
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #411
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Tell me about it.

I am in the same boat.
As I'm a real noob with HTML, I didn't think of creating an auto resizable page!
This means my pages don't work fine if the resolution is different.
I **think** this could be fixed by using sizes for buttons and other divs that refer to the page size using % (this should refer to the containing block and, going up in the page structure, to the page itself).
As regards the javascript part, I need the page size only when computing the correct size of the image. This could be easily fixed...

Anyway, it's quite a leap into the unknown: I can't test the GUI part and I can't even be sure that the rest of the code works.
They may have changed a few things somewhere...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #412
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
As I'm a real noob with HTML, I didn't think of creating an auto resizable page!
This means my pages don't work fine if the resolution is different.
I **think** this could be fixed by using sizes for buttons and other divs that refer to the page size using % (this should refer to the containing block and, going up in the page structure, to the page itself).
As regards the javascript part, I need the page size only when computing the correct size of the image. This could be easily fixed...

Anyway, it's quite a leap into the unknown: I can't test the GUI part and I can't even be sure that the rest of the code works.
They may have changed a few things somewhere...
Yeah... well I am hoping that some kind souls will stump up some money towards me getting one.

A large truck just squashed my car (and my girlfrend who is alive but needs nursing) so to be honest buying a paperwhite is now even further down the list of "Things I should buy".

If people don't support us I honestly don't see how they can expect support back. Already ploughed a bunch of cash into devices I will never use other than to test support "other people"... so yeah... IF I get support on buying the PW THEN I would happily test your code on one.

I'm actually pretty decent at CSS, HTML, Javascript. however still need a device to test my work on.

: D
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #413
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yeah... well I am hoping that some kind souls will stump up some money towards me getting one.

A large truck just squashed my car (and my girlfrend who is alive but needs nursing) so to be honest buying a paperwhite is now even further down the list of "Things I should buy".

If people don't support us I honestly don't see how they can expect support back. Already ploughed a bunch of cash into devices I will never use other than to test support "other people"... so yeah... IF I get support on buying the PW THEN I would happily test your code on one.

I'm actually pretty decent at CSS, HTML, Javascript. however still need a device to test my work on.

: D
I'm so sorry for your girlfriend and for you! Hope she makes a speedy recovery!!!

BTW, it would be so easy if we could have a simulator!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #414
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I do have sites that run site software packages that support subscriptions.

The program can (could) remain free, and the first support question per year cost $5.
Such a charge would also allow the subscriber to view all prior questions & answers.

Not likely to buy anyone a new car, but maybe a new Kpw-3G for test purposes.

Works for RedHat (and others).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #415
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I do have sites that run site software packages that support subscriptions.

The program can (could) remain free, and the first support question per year cost $5.
Such a charge would also allow the subscriber to view all prior questions & answers.

Not likely to buy anyone a new car, but maybe a new Kpw-3G for test purposes.

Works for RedHat (and others).
Here in Italy the PW costs 129€.
With a 0.99€/download donation, I could easily buy a PW with about 131 downloads.
Last time I looked at my mediafire account, I served about 12200 downloads and I host there only Kindle-things (debricking guides + Komic + some other files for WAFs).
This means about 93 Kindle PW!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #416
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Really annoying services like AD-FLY raise cash.

I would HATE to be forced to do that.

KUAL has about 1500 DL's in total. even a 10c each we could get one now.

Meh. anyways. I just want to be able to provide support is all. not make money.

the laos literacy project will be getting any overflow.

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #417
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
BTW, it would be so easy if we could have a simulator!
You have it already. Use any WebKit-based browser. Chrome, for example. It will be sufficient to test layout. BTW, Chrome Developer Tools (included by default) have a way to set resolution of veiwport, so you can emulate 800x600 or 1024x758 resolution on your computer (announcement, example).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #418
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks a lot!!! I'll use this!
I just need to remove any kindle related part from the code!
This is a good-to-know thing!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #419
twobob

Silver... your device is still listed as Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2

just saying
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #420
silver18
THE NOOB

Ops, I'll change it asap (I'm using my phone now)!!!
In the meanwhile, I added a small thing: the quick save!
It could be enabled in the option menu and it tries to emulate the touch area to quickly add a bookmark in the stock kindle interface.

Anyway, I almost finished setting everything up to support more than one resolution.
I just need to test it and, if it works, I'm going to prepare everything...

Tags
launcher add-ons