Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Shagbark
Shagbark began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simpletouch
Convert epub to TXT output encoding selection fails

Under Preferences -> Change Calibre behavior -> Output options -> TXT,
I change the output encoding to 'ascii'.

Then I convert a file (Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchman) to TXT. But I get what are probably unicode characters in the output, which are unreadable as ASCII:

Quote:
“He can’t drive when they’re like that, can he?â€

Any suggestions? This is Calibre 1.24, 64-bit. I don't want to upgrade unless I know this works with newer versions, because I've done some complex plug-in installations.
Shagbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to convert to ascii use utf-8 as the output encoding and use the transliterate unicode characters option in the look & feel section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, conversion, txt, unicode, utf-8