Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #286
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheknifefight View Post
I've finally started to get the Calibre plug in to work, but it seems like I'm going to need an alias file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheknifefight View Post
Also, I seem to run into this crash a lot:
XRAY generation failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 209, in run
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 252, in _generate_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 596, in rawml
IndexError: list index out of range

... but the unpack folder has the rawml file in it.
(I'm on MBP running Snow Lion with up to date Calibre)
Are you definitely on the most recent version of the plugin? ( see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=264 )

The latest version shouldn't need an alias file, you should just be able to leave that field blank.

I used to see the crash you listed a lot but I hoped I had fixed it.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #287
Homey
Homey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm just trying to use the webpage to generate the xray file but I keep getting an error when trying to generate the file:

Fatal error: Call to a member function find() on a non-object in /home/shinew/public_html/xray/parse_page.php on line 75

Is this the page not working or is it something I've done?
I've checked the ASIN, database name, Shelfari URL, GUID a zillion times using Mobi2Mobi and they are all correct!
Whats going on?
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #288
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey View Post
I'm just trying to use the webpage to generate the xray file but I keep getting an error when trying to generate the file:

Fatal error: Call to a member function find() on a non-object in /home/shinew/public_html/xray/parse_page.php on line 75

Is this the page not working or is it something I've done?
I've checked the ASIN, database name, Shelfari URL, GUID a zillion times using Mobi2Mobi and they are all correct!
Whats going on?
It looks like something isn't being parsed properly when it's trying to find data from Wikipedia. That site hasn't been updated in a while anyway, I don't think. You're better off trying either the Calibre plugin or the stand-alone application.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #289
Homey
Homey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi
Im not entering the wikipedia URL, I thought that it was optional!
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #290
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
I am thinking if it is possible to generate an X-ray file using you own text file. Meaning, not getting any data from Shelfari or Wikipedia, just a user defined text file.
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #291
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
I am thinking if it is possible to generate an X-ray file using you own text file. Meaning, not getting any data from Shelfari or Wikipedia, just a user defined text file.
It's certainly possible, it would just be a matter of modifying the program to parse your data rather than the Shelfari/Wiki stuff...
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #292
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
That's great news!

Is there a chance you can add that option to your program or the Calibre plug-in?

Thanks!
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #293
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
That's great news!

Is there a chance you can add that option to your program or the Calibre plug-in?

Thanks!
I won't have a chance to do anything new on the application for a while, but you're welcome to grab the code and give it a shot if you want.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #294
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
I'm having some problems with my mobi8 files, XRayBuilder is actually looking into the mobi7 folder instead of mobi8 folder where the rawml is
Code:
Error finding rawml file. Path: C:\Users\Fabi\AppData\Local\Temp\ks1pzisa.ltt/mobi7/Death Rival.rawml
Press Enter to exit.

same thing with the plugin

Last edited by Belenos; 10-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #295
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
I'm having some problems with my mobi8 files, XRayBuilder is actually looking into the mobi7 folder instead of mobi8 folder where the rawml is
Code:
Error finding rawml file. Path: C:\Users\Fabi\AppData\Local\Temp\ks1pzisa.ltt/mobi7/Death Rival.rawml
Press Enter to exit.

same thing with the plugin
Yeah, I think the plugin just copies XRayBuilder for its logic here.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #296
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Yeah, I think the plugin just copies XRayBuilder for its logic here.
Is there a way to redirect it in the right path?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #297
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Is there a way to redirect it in the right path?
Just looking back at the code to refresh my memory... looks like I'm using code from the KindleUnpack plugin to do the actual unpack, so I'll have to do a bit of digging to see what's going on there. Maybe I've misunderstood something of what it's doing.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #298
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Actually at the moment I don't really understand what's going on with that. If KindleUnpack has unpacked the book into a mobi8 directory then the plugin should use that.4

Update: I've reproduced it now, so it shouldn't be too hard to work out what's going on.

Second update: I know what's wrong, just need to work out how to fix it.

Last edited by mjwilson; 10-20-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #299
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Hopefully this resolves the 'mobi8' issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.250.zip (65.7 KB, 473 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #300
Belenos
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Hopefully this resolves the 'mobi8' issue.
It worked, thanks

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray