Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
cptsquid
cptsquid began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
When you used the Send to device feature to export the books out of the calibre library to the Sony device the metadata was updated. Also as an ereader no other device is better integrated with calibre then the Sony devices. Although the newer android devices using the calibre companion app comes very close, most likely due to the same developer behind each device plugin.
heh, makes sense once you said it. Same action. Didn't even notice.

Question: is the companion app worth it right now? I'm using Mantano reader. I love the layout - and it's the only one that accepted the series straight from calibre. Didn't accept the titles or authors but (mostly) accepted the series tags.
Would love to be able to do a straight up send to device (like I do with the reader) but for whatever reason it just won't recognize the tablet when I plug it in.
cptsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsquid View Post
Question: is the companion app worth it right now? I'm using Mantano reader. I love the layout - and it's the only one that accepted the series straight from calibre. Didn't accept the titles or authors but (mostly) accepted the series tags.
Calibre Companion (CC) is definitely worth it (wifi require), read about it here. A nice feature is it uses the metadata as you see it in calibre not the metadata in the book. It also lets you choose where to place your books and you can open the books directly from CC using your favorite reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsquid View Post
Would love to be able to do a straight up send to device (like I do with the reader) but for whatever reason it just won't recognize the tablet when I plug it in.
You can do a straight up send to device via wireless using CC.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote