Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
rikij
rikij began at the beginning.

Device: E Z Reader T778
Upload help to EZ Reader T778 please

Hi folks I bought a new EZReader model T778 for my wife a few months ago and for the life of us we cannot get any material loaded to it. We have used Adobe digital etc but all without success. We have tried buying from various suppliers again without success. Her lap top ask her to register the reader but unable to achieve this ?

I purchased from I day sale NZ who have been very helpful and put me onto a company in Australia to seek help. I know the system has its own format but from reading I see it is capable of reading various formats including DRM which the Aussie contact suggests it cannot read so getting very confused.

Anyone else using this device and prepared to offer any comments please.
Would really appreciate your help. Many thanks
John
rikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have posted everything I could find on your product on our wiki EZ Reader T778. It is nothing like the Astak version of EZ Reader. What does the manual tell you to do? First effort would be to try a non-DRM product to see if it can read ok. There are lots upload in our eBook section. Try a ePub book. If that works we can proceed from there. Feel free to update the wiki if you have more complete information.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 06-24-2011 at 01:01 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
rikij

Hello thanks for you reply. We will try your suggestions but I wonder if you can confirm if and how we have to register the e reader. The computer asks us to register but the book gives no explanation as to this function and there is no disc as they (suppliers) state the disc system is incorporated. Sounds silly I know but we do wonder if our problems are as simple as not registered. Mnay thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikij View Post
Hello thanks for you reply. We will try your suggestions but I wonder if you can confirm if and how we have to register the e reader. The computer asks us to register but the book gives no explanation as to this function and there is no disc as they (suppliers) state the disc system is incorporated. Sounds silly I know but we do wonder if our problems are as simple as not registered. Mnay thanks.
Generally you have ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) running on the PC and then plug in the USB port on the device. ADE will discover the device and register it so long as ADE itself is registered. Registration is only needed for DRM. DRM is not a format by the way. It is encryption of the ePub and PDF formats by Adobe.

Dale
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

If ADE is not registered then look for the down arrow at the top of the screen and tap to bring up a menu. Select help.

Dale
Old 07-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
lisa79
lisa79 began at the beginning.

Device: e z reader t778
Hi
I purchased the same reader, this sounds really strange but try a different USB port when plugging it in - I am using a laptop and the USB ports on the right hand side request the device to be registered but the one on the left just opens it up like it should as a mass storage device. From then you are able to drop in the files such as pdfs and epubs - hope this helps
lisa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
rikij

Hi Lisa79
Thanks for the information and I will get my wife to try what you suggest.
Are you in NZ or where do you buy your e books please.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #8
lisa79
lisa79 began at the beginning.

Device: e z reader t778
Hi rikij

yep i am in nz
i havent brought heaps of ebooks just been downloading the millions of free titles that are available. any of the websites seem to have worked the ones that work the best are in epub of pdf
obooko.com is one that i have used alot, hope this is useful
cheers lisa
lisa79 is offline   Reply With Quote