Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Stu Segal
Stu Segal began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-T1 PRS-300 PRS-505 PRS-500
Question Bought son a Touch Reader - what/how can I share my Ebooks?

I have a PRS-505, my wife has a PRS-300.

I just bought my son (grown, lives in another state) a PRS-600, and I was going to "pre-load" it with some of my books.

So I loaded it with stuff I have in .pdf and .doc formats, but now I am wanting to do some of the LRF and EPUB stuff I bought from the Sony Reader store. And it wants to know if I want to authorize his PRS-600 on my computer for DRM content.

I'm afraid if I authorize it on my PC, when he gets home and installs Reader software on his Mac, he'll have a problem.

Can anyone tell me if I can, or cannot, in fact "give" him some of the books I bought through the Sony store?

Thanks . . . Stu
Stu Segal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I believe if he registers the reader to his own account the books that you bought will not work on his reader. You could I suppose let him register the account in your name because you can authorize up to six readers/computers per account. That might be a good option if you both like the same kind of books (in which you can split the costs) or can trust him not to go crazy buying books unless he will reimburse you.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Segal View Post
I'm afraid if I authorize it on my PC, when he gets home and installs Reader software on his Mac, he'll have a problem.
If you two are going to share an account (Adobe ID) it will be fine. If not then don't auth your reader to your account or put any books on it. He won't be able to register it to his own account if you do that.

Just keep in mind they only allow 6 devices (I think it is) to be authed to an Adobe ID. PCs and Readers each count.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote