Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
morglbltrio
Member Retired
morglbltrio began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'll tell you as soon as I get mine in the mailbox.
morglbltrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I ordered from France too yesterday, and being an expat I really need it delivered by the end of the week so I called them today to make sure they received the order and had it on stock. They were a bit surprised at the fuss I suppose, but I just received the shipping confirmation mail (also Colissimo of course) so I suppose it worked.

Would you be so nice as to post when you receive yours?
collisimo usualy is 48h.
Mine was 24h, but that's because I live near paris.

The opus is pretty nice. Having the button to turn page make it easier. Faster than my gen 3.
It can be held with one hand, sometimes have it's use. One hand with the reader, the other on my luggage to prevent it from rolling at the other end of the métro.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-18-2009 at 11:40 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
ah... the Metro.... long time no see...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
I'm glad you are getting something from Bookeen. I sent my Cybook Gen 3 over a month and a half ago to be fixed. Heard nothing until my emails got a bit heated. Then they finally emailed me to tell me how much it would cost to fix it. Thats the last I heard from them. They never sent me the links to pay nor anything else. I even said keep the Cybook Gen 3, give me a some credit on an Opus and be done with it. Of course they said no to that. Again it's been two weeks since I have heard from them.

Lake
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #21
Mathlete
Enthusiast
Mathlete began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
I received my Opus last Monday via FedEx. I ordered it last Thursday from the US.

So mine was shipped and delivered within 5 days.
Mathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morglbltrio View Post
I'll tell you as soon as I get mine in the mailbox.
Have you received it yet? Mine is now in the near area according to La Poste, but of course not yet in my hands
Old 08-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
I want to delight you all with the woes of retail shopping.

Last week, MediaMarkt (a Dutch/German/Belgian electronics chain) had the Cybook Opus listed in their ad folder. Alongside the Cool-ER reader. The folder was valid from august 17th through the 23rd.

So monday, bright and early, I phoned to ask if they actually had stock. I was told no, by two seperate stores. One promised stock by this wednesday. Naturally, I went back to the store yesterday, only to be told they didn't recieve stock...

So MediaMarkt's wednesday is very similar to Bookeen Monday

The sales drone did phone home to the distribution office. They told him they'd probably get stock on sunday. Meaning in store by... you guessed it... monday!

To add insult to injury, my particular store ordered only a single unit! For a city of over 150.000 people, mind you. The ad folder made it seem like they not only had stock, but were selling them 25 euros below MSRP. Which is nice, if you *actually have stock to sell*. The store didn't have the promised Cool-ER reader either.

I was so pissed off, I didn't feel like 'reserving' one with them. If I'm waiting, I want to give the business to a reliable store. One that doesn't promise things they can't deliver in a reasonable time frame.

GRRRRRRAAAAAH!!!!
bjornkeizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #24
aceflor
Wizard

Mine has arrived and SHE is indeed very pretty (I have decided it is a girl as is my car ;-), but that is a whole other story)

Right now I am loading it with the books I have in Calibre, so far so good.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #25
morglbltrio
Member Retired

I have my Cybook Opus since this morning. It's great! I'll write a review on my blog.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
aceflor
Wizard

It is a great gadget, isn't it? I have used it quite much in the last 2 days and I am amazed at how good it is. And I like the design a lot too.

What took La Poste so long?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #27
morglbltrio
Member Retired

Ah La Poste. The device arrived on Wednesday (it was sent on Monday). The thing is that the postman had to hand deliver it to me. But I'm working during the day. After the first delivery there was a second one on Thursday! Wasn't there to receive it. You can get your package at La Poste only on the third day after 4pm! So I waited patiently until this morning!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #28
aceflor
Wizard

Well, at last you have it and you seem to like it, so I wish you all the best with your new toy ;-)
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 AM   #29
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Ah La Poste. The device arrived on Wednesday (it was sent on Monday). The thing is that the postman had to hand deliver it to me. But I'm working during the day. After the first delivery there was a second one on Thursday! Wasn't there to receive it. You can get your package at La Poste only on the third day after 4pm! So I waited patiently until this morning!
That's weird. Is you mailbox small ? My package did fit in, so the postman just put it inside.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #30
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I just received my Opus today. I really am pleased with it. Will take some getting used to after having a 6 inch reader but I love the device overall. The ergonomics are much improved from the Gen 3 which I eventually sold . I love how light it is as well. Even with a case it will still be as light as most paperbacks I am sure. I do plan to get a noreve cover once they have them available. If I read ebooks exclusively I might want to stick to a 6 inch device but since I read paperbooks as much as ebooks this device suits my needs. Love that in its carrying case it fits right in my purse. That will be handy.

Already ordered one for my husband as well.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote