Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
ynaffit
ynaffit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Aura H2O battery drain during sleep

I bought a used Kobo Aura H2O on ebay and received it a few days ago. With Wi-Fi off, the battery indicator doesn't seem to go down much at all while reading.

The day before yesterday, I read on it for maybe an hour, and I think the battery indicator was still at 100% when I put it to sleep. Tonight I was surprised to find the battery at 52% when I woke it up for time since then (and it quickly went down to 50%). Wi-Fi was disabled the entire time.

Is this normal? I expected the battery to last weeks with the device on sleep. Should I attempt to return it to the seller? Do I need to turn it off completely in order for it to retain charge?

ETA: I was not using the light at all while reading before putting it to sleep.

Last edited by ynaffit; 11-01-2016 at 04:17 AM.
ynaffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would do a factory reset and then install the firmware 3.19.5761. You don't know if the previous owner has installed anything that could be draining the battery.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
ynaffit
ynaffit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It seems like it was probably reset already when I got it, but I've reset it again . . .
ynaffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
In the settings make sure the "Automatic sync" is turned off. It can get caught in a loop if it can't connect to your wifi or wifi is turned off and drain battery. You should have minimal drain leaving it for a couple of weeks in sleep.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote