Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #256
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
As requested: (don't freak out, this is a free public domain copy from Amazon for testing)

Edit: Files go bye-bye!

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-15-2009 at 07:32 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #257
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Thanks Daffy. Now to do some programming.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #258
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

v0.06 Beta - Released

New: When opening a file the GUI checks for the Clipping Limit & TTS Tags. If found a checkbox is displayed. Checking a box will remove the flag on convert.
New: When opening an AZW file the option to save it as a AZW extension as opposed to MOBI is displayed.
Fix: Minor code changes to remove some redundent processing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v6Beta.zip (49.8 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by Jad; 06-15-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Fumble Fingers... Thanks Daffy4U
Old 06-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #259
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
New: When opening a file the GUI checks for the Clipping Limit & TTS tags. If found a checkbox is displayed. Checking a box will remove the flag on convert.
New: When opening an AZW file the option to save it as a AZW extension as opposed to MOBI is displayed.
Fix: Minor code changes to remove some redundent processing.
Got a little typo there. Fixed it in the quote.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #260
meziane
meziane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
mobidata.m2m not found

Hi,

I am just beginning to try mobi2mobi. I installed "C:\Users\méziane\Documents\mobiperl-win-0.0.42" and "Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v6Beta"

when I start the gui and try to open a file, I have a message which indicates that mobidata.m2m is not found. I created it and then have an array error (sorry, I can't give you he exact message because I have a vista French version, so all messages are in French and I am not sure that this would help you!)

Have you any idea why I have this message?

Thanks in advance

Regards
meziane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #261
Jad
Groupie

Hi Meziane,

The mobidata.m2m is a temp file created by the GUI. If its reporting that it can't be found then there is something wrong. Do you have the Win32 Mobi2Mobi.exe in the same directory as the GUI, you don't need to but it makes it easier to find. Also do you have the latest .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed? The GUI is written in VB and needs the latest .NET install. Second last check your Mobi2Mobi directory selection is Win32 checked in the GUI to confirm its found a valid copy? As one last check, try v0.05 of the GUI. V0.06 is a Beta which has a lot more code for dealing with AZW files and something may have broken.

Let me know how you go.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #262
meziane

Hi Jad,

Well, I thought that I had the .net but to be sure I downloaded an reinstalled it.

After that then :
- I tried after moved mobi2mobi.exe in the same directory than the gui
- I tried with mobi2mobi.exe in another
- I tried with Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v5

the Mobi2Mobi directory selection is Win32 checked

And I have always the same error message....

Note that I tried also to run the gui with administrator rights because I am using Vista .I forgot to precise this in my previous post... can be the reason?

Regards
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #263
meziane

Jad,

Maybe can help, I did another try on mibi2mobi by command line and by .bat file. This worked fine...

regards
Old 06-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #264
Jad
Groupie

Hi Meziane,

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. There was an issue I had a while back that the initial GUI population batch files would not execute due to 'who knows what' that I managed to fix by modifying the way the batch process got launched. Oblivously this is still an issue on some systems.

When you get the error message on file open, you should have a m2mcmds.bat file sitting in the directory of your eBook. Could you please post the contents of that into this thread.

Cheers

Last edited by Jad; 06-17-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Early morning typos.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #265
meziane

hi Jad

Here after the contents of m2mcmds.bat

"C:\Users\méziane\Documents\MyeBooksCopie\mobi2mob i.exe" "C:\Users\méziane\Documents\MyeBooksCopie\tmpBook. m2m" > "C:\Users\méziane\Documents\MyeBooksCopie\mobidata .m2m"

Regards
Old 06-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #266
olaf
Enthusiast
olaf is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Any chance of again seeing the sourcecode? Sorry to be such a pest! But I am trying to become more familiar with VB.Net.
olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #267
olaf
Enthusiast
olaf is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Is there a way to remove a second author from a Mobi file, so the display doesn't take up so much room on the eReader? Can't figure out how to modify or delete the second one. As an example, this data is on one of James Patterson's books:

EXTH item: 100 - Author - 16 - Patterson, James
EXTH item: 100 - Author - 14 - Paetro, Maxine

Only he shows up in the author field in Mobi2Mobi_GUI, but Maxine is still there and shows up on the author line with Patterson on the eReader
olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #268
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by olaf View Post
Is there a way to remove a second author from a Mobi file, so the display doesn't take up so much room on the eReader? Can't figure out how to modify or delete the second one. As an example, this data is on one of James Patterson's books:

EXTH item: 100 - Author - 16 - Patterson, James
EXTH item: 100 - Author - 14 - Paetro, Maxine

Only he shows up in the author field in Mobi2Mobi_GUI, but Maxine is still there and shows up on the author line with Patterson on the eReader
The command line for it should be something like:
Code:
    mobi2mobi --delexthtype author --delexthindex 2 --outfile new.mobi input.mobi
I suppose you can also delete all entries and then add the first one.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #269
Jad
Groupie

Hi Meziane, everything looks fine with the batch output and I can't duplicate the problem my end. Sorry but I'm at a bit of a lose as to how to help further. You are more than welcome to download the source code and have a play and see if you can isolate the problem your end via the debug. I'm finding that the .NET environment is not quite that stable as so many people have such different experiences with this GUI with exactly the same install of .NET.

Hi Olaf, the source code for the VB edition v0.03 is up, I will put up the source code for v.0.06 in the next day or two, I'm hoping to get some feedback from Kindle users regarding the new functionality before doing a final release.

In the v0.06Beta you can select the exth type you wish to delete and then the index offset option becomes available if you wish to delete a specific index position. You should be able to determine this as the Mobi2Mobi output is now displayed in the output window on a eBook open.

The GUI only deals with the first instance of any exth type when it populates its fields as it is doing a string search top to bottom of the Mobi2Mobi output.

Cheers

Last edited by Jad; 06-22-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #270
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
***IMPORTANT*** - You must use the latest v0.0.42 Win32/Perl or later of Mobiperl tools with this version of the GUI.
Can someone give me links to where I can download these latest versions, or tell me how I can check the version numbers on what I have on my system. Thanks in advance.

Before anyone says something like "Google is your friend", know that I did google, but I see several links with various versions, dunno which if any are even the latest.

Also I'm not familiar with http://strawberryperl.com but I know ActiveState Perl. If I need to install Perl for this latest version to work, would you recommend one over the other. My thinking is that ActiveState has been around longer, but perhaps the Strawberry one has some newer better features where the other has been stagnant. I dunno... please fill in the empty spaces for me. Thanks.

Last edited by CheriePie; 06-22-2009 at 11:12 PM.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi