Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I think it is dust when it does this. When this happens "sleep the reader" then grab a microfiber cloth then wipe down the screen and blast the corners with some air. Then turn it on and it works fine until it collects dust again.
I agree -the screen is so sensitive that it's not suprising that dust affects it. Dirt seems to build up very easily around the buttons too; a stiff paintbrush is very good for cleaning around them.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #17
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Have you updated the firmware on the machine? I found that fixed page flipping problems for mine.
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
Have you updated the firmware on the machine? I found that fixed page flipping problems for mine.
P, Yes, our T1 firmware is fully up to date.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #19
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip about cleaning the T1 screen so as to stop the multi-page advance problem.

The T1 screen didn't look dirty but I cleaned it well any way. And, voila, the multi-page advance problem appears to have gone away.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Thanks for the tip about cleaning the T1 screen so as to stop the multi-page advance problem.

The T1 screen didn't look dirty but I cleaned it well any way. And, voila, the multi-page advance problem appears to have gone away.
Glad it helped. These screens are really sensitive and it really doesn't take much to get the screen to go crazy. I was outdoors reading on my T1 and a fly landed on the screen and started walking across it. Just by doing that my reader flipped several pages until I knocked the blasted insect off.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
After cleaning the screen, do you still have multi-page advance problems using just the hardware buttons? I wonder how screen dust and buttons could be connected.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Dust can act like a touch at times. Using the buttons does not stop any touch input the reader thinks it is getting.

Afaik the Sony touch readers poll the screen even when in sleep mode which can drain the battery pretty fast if something is touching the screen.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Dust can act like a touch at times. Using the buttons does not stop any touch input the reader thinks it is getting.

Afaik the Sony touch readers poll the screen even when in sleep mode which can drain the battery pretty fast if something is touching the screen.

Helen
Not so otherwise every reader in a case, put to sleep, would go flat in no time at all...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #24
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
After cleaning the screen, do you still have multi-page advance problems using just the hardware buttons? I wonder how screen dust and buttons could be connected.
B, No! There are no longer any multi-page screen advances with touch or buttons. Somehow there has to be a connection with the screen cleaning.

One result of cleaning the screen is that the touch sensitivity is less thereby requiring a more resolute swipe/touch to turn the pages; however, this is much more desirable than the multi-page aggravation.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Not so otherwise every reader in a case, put to sleep, would go flat in no time at all...
You could be right. I know that if I put my 350 (no cover) in my backpack or leave it in jacket pocket the battery goes down a bar a day. It shuts down after reaching the last bar.

This has happened to me at least 10 times.

If there is nothing touching the screen the battery lasts 2+ weeks.

I know I should get a cover and have tried but not yet located one. As I only use it on the bus it hasn't bothered me that much.

Has also happened with T1 and 300 when something was on screen. Perhaps a coincidence, but made me think some screen polling going on.

Helen

PS. My covers do not touch the screen.

Last edited by speakingtohe; 06-03-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Postscript
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote