Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Just ordered a T1

My Boox is on it's deathbed. Something is wrong with the usb port.

So I decided to order a T1 for free with my airmiles points. It should be here within 10 days.

Haven't made up my mind yet whether to put all my books on it or use calibre2opds to download just what I plan to read in the next few weeks. Has anyone used it with calibre2opds catalog?

I do like that I'll be able to download from the library, kobo and sony directly.

If I decide to put all the books from my calibre library on it what is your favorite template for send to device. I am a little spoiled with the folders my boox supported.

I also like to read on my iphone and ipad but for reading outside they are somewhat useless.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You don't really need anything other than Calibre and the Calibre server. Set up your browser with the following URL as a favorite or home page.
Http://192.168.X.XXX:8080/browse
You need to find your local network's ip address and verify that the Calibre server is using port 8080 (the default) in preferences---sharing over the net. IP address would be the IPv4 Address if you do an ipconfig in a dos command window (on a pc)
I personally prefer to keep about 20 books or so on my reader and delete as I read them because I like being able to use Calibre to select my new reading material with all the "sorts" available in Calibre.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-01-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

I've used the Calibre server before. I had to change my port to 8787 because 8080 didn't work for me. The reason I prefer calibre2opds is that I don't need to have the computer and Calibre running to be able to download the books. And it gives you all the sort functions like series, tags, author etc. as well.

I think I'll only keep a few books on mine too, especially if downloading on it is fairly easy.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
They load very quickly, I was agreeably surprised at the speed!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1
I have a T1 on order and it should be here next week. I was planning on keeping just what I am reading on it, 20-30 books and keep everything in the Calibre library too.

What is a Caibre2ops catalog? This is the first I have heard of it. Yes I am a newbie, I admit it. I have had for a few years the PRS-300 so I am sure this is going to be a learning curve.

Is there a Calibre plug in we need to use for the ST-1 if we are not planning on but a few books and I don't even plan on using an SD card.

Thanks in advance!
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
frozennorth
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
What is a Caibre2ops catalog? This is the first I have heard of it.
calibre2opds
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1
Thank you frozennoth, that does answer my question.
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote